STROKER CRANK KIT/STROKER LINKS FOR INFO

all you need is a 4.2 liter crankshaft, then the bore you get done on the motor determines the .6-.7 whatever you want... i think .020 is 4.6? .040is 4.7

they CAN be bored out to a 4.9 but its not advised..

thats definately not ALL there is to it though. you need other miscellaneous bearings and stuff from certain other jeeps to make it fit together.

Big bucks for what is basically a 4.2L crank.

Gotta tell you, I'd feel a lot more confidence if they could at least spell the name of the world's best-known bearing company correctly. (It's C-L-E-A-V-I-T-E)

you may want to do a bit more research first there are some that have built a 4.5l stroker with the bare minimum that was required to build a stroker also there is a jeep stroker site on the yahoo side of things. I got mine from AP before they disappeared. BTW the price looks good. but you know what they same bout that

Our new member StrokerMJ is so-named for a reason :D Pick his brain.

The problem with this kit (aside from not knowing how to spell Cleavite, which to me is a BIG problem, because it means they are functionally illiterate) -- what are they using for rods, and what are they using for pistons?

Here's the deal: The 4.0L crank and the 4.2L crank have the same journal diameters, so you can drop a 4.2L crank in the 4.0L block and get a longer stroke. Cool. BUT ...

The 4.2L rods are smaller and wimpier than the 4.0L rods, and if used with stock (or stock-replacement overbore) pistons, the piston comes just slightly too high in the bore, resulting in too much compression and resultant detonation ("ping") problems.

But if you use the beefier 4.0L rods, they're too long to work with stock pistons and the longer stroke. Accurate Power (the company that's now defunct) used to have custom pistons made up with a higher wrist pin height to compensate, so they could run the longer 4.0L rods with the stroker crank.

The specs on this kit say 9:1 compression, but it doesn't say how they get there. If I don't know how they're achieving it -- I don't believe it.

$800.00 for a crank....WOW. All you really need is the crank from and old 258 4.2 block, 4.0 or 4.2 rods a source for a cam and pistons and a good machine shop.

Wouldn't advise going bigger than a 4.6, the cylinder walls won't handle the heat, therefore cutting your longevity of the motor.

STROKERMJ

hey that the one :bowdown: if you have the right hook up and some :cheers: you too can do what bruce has done. the link that sinnaevd has provided is very good jamminz.gif provides great detail the research has been done for you all you have to do is find the time :redX: good luck