Traction bars

My 90 MJ has wheelhop, mostly in reverse. It gets really old when I'm tryin gto get into traffic or something and it spins, when it grabs it seems like its going to come apart.

I was looking at the bars you can get at VIP (woo hoo) but they would take away a lot of ground clearance.

Like these http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Lakewood ... 1300QQrdZ1

What else can I do to reduce wheelhop?

Leafsprings are there, and fine. Theres even a S-10 leaf under the main one. It doesnt do it all the time, most of the time itll spin em, or go. But every once in a while, like when going form 1st to second and I dump it, itll hop like mad.

Even with traction bars, or similar devices your rear end is still going to want to rotate. The problem then is, if you use your rig off road you have lost ground clearance, and now you have a binding issue with your flex.

I seen a CJ8 on the last trail ride I went on SOA with traction bars, get his rear to flexing, then he bound it up, and bam there went his rear output shaft on his T-case.

Patrick

I had some wheelhop back when the 88 was still 2wd. The back end would plummet to the ground on heavy acceleration too. Found a cracked leaf in both packs. I replaced the broken leafs when I went spring over, added a second main, and there's no hop at all even though it should be more prone to it with SOA.

Jeep on!

--Pete