Frozen Rear Brake Line Connection to Hose

I'm having a problem/issue disconnecting the rear brake hose line from the incoming brake line. The rubber line was cracked and I decided it was time to replace it. I disconnected the hose line from the axle lines fine but the incoming line connection to the hose just won't budge. I put a couple of applications of PB blaster on the connection and retried. Still not moving.. then I cut the end off the old rubber line so I could put a box end wrench on that fitting thinking that would help but it's still tight as can be.

What's the best way to deal with this? Can I heat the hose connection fitting to see if that will help or not? :dunno: or any other suggestions/ideas to get it to turn loose without breaking the incoming line..

All help/advice appreciated. Thanks..

If you've got the time, just keep it wet with PB. A little heat will help. Be careful. You've got an open hose with a flameable substance in it.I've found the only sure way is to use vice grips on the nut. Usually the corners are already rounded off from trying to use a wrench.

Be careful with the heat, as jim said, cause when you heat it the rubber part will blow right out of there when it explodes. You should look the steel line over real good,because if the rubber hose is shot, the steel line is most likely rusty too.

I've redone many brake lines and never had problems removing brake line fittings by using the correct Metric or SAE flare nut wrenches. They fit very tight. Sometimes it takes a couple of days after a good douche w. PB Blaster then using the flare nut wrench w. a small hammer and tap-tap-tap until it frees up. But if the nut is already rounded off, it's vicegrip time..........

41ADURFfVLL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I've redone many brake lines and never had problems removing brake line fittings by using the correct Metric or SAE flare nut wrenches. They fit very tight. Sometimes it takes a couple of days after a good douche w. PB Blaster then using the flare nut wrench w. a small hammer and tap-tap-tap until it frees up. But if the nut is already rounded off, it's vicegrip time..........

I'm using a flare wrench that's very snug on the line fitting and the fitting isn't rounded off at all. May have never been wrenched before. On the Hose fitting I was using a flare wrench there too but after I cut the hose, I put a box end on it that is tight fitting also just to get more leverage.

After reading the comments and advice, I've decided not to put heat on it but to keep soaking it with PB blaster for a few more days, then try the small hammer, tap, tap tap, approach above and see it that helps free it.

Thanks everyone...