Room for Jr - mounting a peg perego baby seat in a Comanche

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqFdC2yf3_uUopbwoQ8jh2P3bQMVxD09PIBoUij2dOPVOoPgaysQ

Just had our first kid. It is amazing. I don't want him to miss out on jeepin and i'd like to keep my comanche.

I want to mount a peg perego car seat base in my comanche between the two bucket seats where the console usually is.

It will need to face backwards.

Hopefully there will be enough room to shift.

Has anyone done this before or have any other ideas?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvROACyB-HplfXn3PizfWOh8A9tZ6ue8xh8Z7a7zsjfveDfXID

Why don't you get a bench seat, and install the third seatbelt. I'm pretty sure anything else will be illegal. (And probably pretty unsafe.)

Thanks for the tip. I am concerned about safety.

I've got a bench seat now with the middle lap belt but I want to recess the seat receiver and belt it to the floor using the lap belt. This is why I wanted to use the bucket seats. It would fit flush to the floor and fit snug between the bucket seats.

It may be tough to keep it stable on the tranny hump. Maybe a platform, right on top of the tranny hump, secured to the floor, then the lap belt securing the base to the platform. I'd still say talk to a cop though! I believe the ticket for improperly secured child seat is a salty one! (Here at least!)

It may be tough to keep it stable on the tranny hump. Maybe a platform, right on top of the tranny hump, secured to the floor, then the lap belt securing the base to the platform. I'd still say talk to a cop though! I believe the ticket for improperly secured child seat is a salty one! (Here at least!)

Great tips, thanks for your input.

No problem, and Congrats on baby! I've Still got 2 child seats equipped myself! (Not in the manche!)

My father sold his 88 in 89 after owning it for 1 year because he couldn't shift with the baby seat in the way. I am still reminded to this day why he had to sell his MJ. :chillin:
:rotfl2: Tell your old man he shoulda got an auto!

Sorry... with a bench and a manual... there is no good way to mount a rear facing seat in a Manche. Unless you make the wife ride in the middle.. and stick Jr. in the passenger seat.

With buckets.. there isn't a way to put one in that will keep the police(or yourself once you think about your kid instead of the Jeep) happy.

Of course Momma rides in the middle too much and you end up in my situation... Mini-van city.

I have the bench and a manual, and put my seat fully on the passenger side. If the wife rides she goes in the middle. Thats the ONLY way it will work, and its been working fine for two and a half years now. My daughter loves riding in the truck, and I hope it stays that way. It is completely legal to do this this way because the MJ has no airbags. So strap that seat in and ride!

x3 on the wife in the middle thing. You'd never be able to shift with Jr. in the middle. Now we have 2 kids and I would love to figure that one out. ( bed mounted bench seat, anyone?)

x3 on the wife in the middle thing. You'd never be able to shift with Jr. in the middle. Now we have 2 kids and I would love to figure that one out. ( bed mounted bench seat, anyone?)
Get the plastic buckets out of a subaru brat bed!

time warp. That would be sweet.
I've got 2 buddies that have sold their rigs, and I told em they can't both ride with me, unless one is in the back! Then the brat came to mind instantly! (Actually, it followed a cinderblock tied to the tiedowns in the bed!)

time warp. That would be sweet.
I've got 2 buddies that have sold their rigs, and I told em they can't both ride with me, unless one is in the back! Then the brat came to mind instantly! (Actually, it followed a cinderblock tied to the tiedowns in the bed!)

Give them a shovel handle and a tube of lube..... :D