yet another lift/tire question

ive got an '88 2wd and i just found some 33x12.5x15 that are semi local. i know that if i get them, I'm going to do 2" coil spacers up front and AAL in the rear before installing, but my question is will 12.5" be too wide for my turning radius? i know someone out there has had to have done it, and i KNOW people have done 33x10.5s. anyone got pics? I'm open to trimming my fenders and will be taking my flares off...

...and yes, i know i will be lacking much power with the 4cyl and 3.55 gears, but it won't always be that way :wrench:

2 inch pucks won't be near enough to clear 33s! You'll be in the flares, in the control arms etc! If the price is right on those tires, buy em, and hold on to em till you find someone with a nice set of 31s who's lookin to go bigger. Or post em on craigslist as, "Will trade 33s for good 31s!" 31 is about as good as you'll get without doing more than 2 inch pucks.

maybe i was drunk but i swear ive seen someone on here on 33s with no lift. lots of trimming, and still rubbed, but still had them on. I'm taking my flares off and will trim but if its in the control arms, thats definitely a problem

If you wanna trim that much, you may be able to make it work, but you'll need to run wheels with far less backspace than stockers. (Wider stance) That'll help keep em out of the control arms. You can also, (In addition to wheels), shim your steering stops out by removing them from the knuckles, and adding a few washers. This will obviously limit your steering some, but it's a better option than limiting steering by shredding tires on control arms!

I've done it... Not impossible at all I even wheeled my truck like that and it performed very well! Made it over everything guys with 5.5" lifts 33s and longarms with lockers were making ... You don't need 8 feet of lift! Look on my 2nd to last page on my build thread