Hood Insulation

I'm searching for recemmendations for some sort of blanket, insulation or mat to put on the inside of the hood. More for sound deadening than "insulation", but something that will hold up to the heat.

I have hood vents, but I'm looking for something that will make the hood sound like THUD instead of KLANCK.

Look for a industrial supply house or large air conditioning facility. On the REALLY big commercial units they wrap the compressor in a insulating material to deaden the sound. They use both sticky and straps to bind them to the compressor housing. Also try a semi truck salvage yard. They use insulation under the hood. Or just get an old pad from a XJ at the junk yard,,,er,,,auto salvage emporium.

auto salvage emporium.
:yes:

I'll run down there with my domestic engineer. She's politically correct, I think it's a bunch of %#$*&_'n bul%@*!! caused by the &@#%*#.

Any hoo that's what I was thinking.

The 97 up cherokee pads work well.

Thanks for the target donor...though it seems that my favorite ASE is a RENIX gold mine. Anything over 95 still has folks living in them!!

Wonder how Rhino truck bed liner would work.

Great for corrosion/oil gas etc. but I'm really looking for a fireproof mat, in bulk, even the rubber spray on "underliner" can't claim any temp. limit...I'm still looking for sound deadening.

What I really need is some kind of fire "resistant" blankey, glued to the inside of the hood. Aircraft, ship, DeLorean?

:dunno:

Look at my picture (avatar)...I didn't see a Jeep logo...I'll go with the Ferrari, I'd be so cool at the AM/PM. People would think my MJ was a Ferrari!!

Totally!

I don't understand this posting. You asked for alternatives to regular hood insulation and hoodliners is one.

Several weeks ago I asked for more info about this product. The guy who makes them responded he would supply the Jeep logo decal or would do a custom decal if he was sent a jpeg file.