will my ax15 bolt-up to my 2.5 4 cyl ?

i like the sound of that dakota option. last few days its seemed like shifting just isnt as good as it was (kinda slow) and my other jeeps always seemed to feel a bit more "positive".

The Dakota option isn't necessarily just a -get-the-bellhousing-and-pop-it-in kind of deal. You're going to need different length driveshafts. You'll have to address the trans mount issue, and, if I'm not mistaken, there are pilot bushing and clutch problems you also need to address. Throwing in an AX-15 for it "not shifting like normal" is a little overkill. You could simply have a clutch problem, low/old oil in the trans.

If you need to swap the trans, I think you'd be better off getting another AX-5.

thanks correy. now that you mention it, i think youre on to something with the clutch. again, the last few days its starting to grind a bit (but just a little) when going into reverse.

might be a really good call on your part. i will keep an eye on it over the next little while and see if its time for a clutch.

and thank you minkyboy. youve given some good info as well.

No problem. :thumbsup: I'm all for throwing an AX-15 behind a 4 popper, but for reasons more along the lines of "I've killed 5 AX-5s crawling on rocks, I need something beefier", or "I'm bored, I wanna see if I can do it."

For a truck you just wanna fix and drive, another AX-5 is just easier, and they're not all that hard to find.

thanks correy. now that you mention it, i think youre on to something with the clutch. again, the last few days its starting to grind a bit (but just a little) when going into reverse.

might be a really good call on your part. i will keep an eye on it over the next little while and see if its time for a clutch.

and thank you minkyboy. youve given some good info as well.

mine ground when i went in reverse, because my clutch didnt engage fully :thumbsup: