steering issues

Did you adjust the steering linkage to compensate for the lift? The pitman arm needs to basically point straight forward when the wheels are pointed straight .

This is your main issue OP .

1) count the turns from lock to lock on your steering wheel

2) divide that number in 1/2 , from one side lock , rotate the steering wheel to center (ex:3 full turns , turn 1.5 turns to center)

3) Lock the steering as close as possible to center

4) Coming off the steering box pitman arm is a TRE with an adjuster attached , it goes to the passanger side . Using a 15mm or 9/16 , loosen the 2 clamp nuts on that adjuster . You may have a little issue adjusting , those things like to rust . Have a pipe wrench handy , that always works :brows:

5)using the rear wheels as a reference , align the front wheels until they point back at the outer edge of the rear tires . This will get you close and you may have to tweak it one way or the other from that point to make it perfect (easiest if the wheels are off the ground) .

Your steering will now turn equal amounts left or right , reguardless of your axle centering , which , would not be off by enough to cause much more than a little bump steer/wandering

the axle is actually off about two inches to one side.

2" ?

Doesn't make sense . 2wd vs 4wd axles are all set up the same , they even use the same track bar . I just jacked mine 4.5-5" and it threw the axle 3/4" to the pass side giving me a measurment difference of 1.5" side to side . That's providing they were equal to begin with .

Remember , when you measure the difference from the same point on each side , you divide that number in 1/2 . That's how far off center the axle is .

Reguardless , you axle shouldn't be shifted more than approx 3/8" @ 3" . I would personally want a new track bar either way cause I'm just that way but as said , you should be able to get by without it too with minor handling effects .

Got any pics of this set-up ?