Dangit!!

xjrev10

87 jeep comanchee - $400 (duluth)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: 2011-04-18, 8:32PM CDT

Reply to: see below

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

jeep has a running 4.0, high pinoin 35 I'm guessing, tranny junk, t case works, rear is a 44 or 8 1/4 not sure. i am not a jeep guy so don't no much about it. no rad. wheel's tire's, tailgate. it is for part's only frame is f####ed up bad. price is b/o but i will be bringing it to the shredder wed. morning if not sold, so if you have any, even the slightest interest in it call fast to look at it. i will load it on to trailer or deliver with in a resonable area, but you must have a way to remove it from my trailer. 218-590-8496

•it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Ah, the old "I'm bringing it to the scrapper if not sold by this date" ad. We may have lost a '91 4.0L, 4x4, auto, SWB w/115K miles and some frame rot to the scrapper on Saturday. Seller told me he was going to send some pictures to me and would hold it if I wanted it. But then he just fell off the face of the planet. I think I'll try giving him another ring...

Ah, the old "I'm bringing it to the scrapper if not sold by this date" ad. We may have lost a '91 4.0L, 4x4, auto, SWB w/115K miles and some frame rot to the scrapper on Saturday. Seller told me he was going to send some pictures to me and would hold it if I wanted it. But then he just fell off the face of the planet. I think I'll try giving him another ring...

Yea i can understand. Trying to sell stuff sucks. I would not even thought about it if it was a XJ...Crappy thing about this I sent the guy a pm on my local jeep forum about it a week or two ago, and he never responded when I told him I would come get it and pay him scrap price plus a little for his time for the rig, but I never heard back.

My hands are tied, i gotta let it go... :wall: Hopefully neohic can work out a deal!!

Called the guy... left a message. He's got one of the coolest voice mail messages ever: "Sorry I didn't answer the phone... it's probably because I'm elbow deep in your car. Leave your name and number and I'll call you back when I find my way out." :rotf:

Called the guy... left a message. He's got one of the coolest voice mail messages ever: "Sorry I didn't answer the phone... it's probably because I'm elbow deep in your car. Leave your name and number and I'll call you back when I find my way out." :rotf:

haha

Good news - the owner of the frame rotted '91MJ called me back and he's still got it. Says he'll e-mail me pictures tonight or tomorrow. I think he had it originally listed for $1200, then $1000, then $800. Figure I'll offer just over scrap value since that seems to be where it's going anyway.

He gave me a great line that gave me a WTF look, "I've had so many people interested that I haven't had the motivation to do anything." Huh? What? People want to give you money for an item you want to sell but you don't want it? Color me confused.

i hope this works for ya!

I'm on it!!

i need the wheels! or just the center caps!! please tell me you are saving it...!!

I have an extra set of turbines with center caps sitting in my storage unit. Do you need just the center caps or the actual rims with the center caps?

Bad news bears... he called me back and said that the frame is so far gone that he can't open the doors when it's on a car lift. The rear axle is a 35 and it's *ahem* crunchy. I wasn't the first to call on it either. Four others apparently are interested in this thing so I told him that if he can get his full $400 out of it then great!... otherwise give me a call back and we'll see what happens.

^ I asked him about that too. My problem is that the truck is 150 miles away from me. If it were up the road, I'd push more for pulling parts. He's okay with parting it out, but the miles oesn't quite make it right with me.

He gave me a great line that gave me a WTF look, "I've had so many people interested that I haven't had the motivation to do anything." Huh? What? People want to give you money for an item you want to sell but you don't want it? Color me confused.

This drives me CRAZY when people do this. They post an add and then won't answer the phone or email/call you back.

I'm on it!!

i need the wheels! or just the center caps!! please tell me you are saving it...!!

I have an extra set of turbines with center caps sitting in my storage unit. Do you need just the center caps or the actual rims with the center caps?

Just need the center caps!!

Sounds like this thing had been jumped 20-30 times, front axle was held in by the lower control arms, leafs where pushed threw the box, etc etc. Good scrap, but just for the heck of it I'm finding out what color the interior is...

I'm on it!!

Just need the center caps!

PM replied to, and taken care of. :yes:

This drives me CRAZY when people do this. They post an add and then won't answer the phone or email/call you back.

I could go on and on and on...and then on some more about this. I know everyone loves Craigslist because it's free and you get good deals and this and that and the other thing, BUT, I really feel as though we could weed out a lot of the idiots that really have no intention whatsoever of putting forth an ounce of their worthless effort to sell their item if we made each ad cost, say, a nickel.

... but just for the heck of it I'm finding out what color the interior is...

Maroon.

i just heard it was black. maybe they are talking about 2 diferent MJs...

The guy told me it has a maroon interior... climbed up the car lift and everything when I was on the phone with him. :dunno:

... but just for the heck of it I'm finding out what color the interior is...

Maroon.

i just heard it was black. maybe they are talking about 2 diferent MJs...

The guy told me it has a maroon interior... climbed up the car lift and everything when I was on the phone with him. :dunno:

I'm thinking this guy had 2 MJs, or he stored this one at the guys place that had one. Anyway in the last week, there has been 2 MJs scrapped in Duluth that used to live together and one had a nice black interior :shake:

So as I'm eagerly awaiting the response from the CL seller with the '91MJ, I come across his newest ad:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2336250938.html

He told me he was going to e-mail me pictures. Said he would hold it for me if I was interested. I told him that I'm not going to go through the effort of getting a pickup truck and a trailer, drive 2.5 hours north without seeing some pictures of the thing. His original ad said rotted frame, but body was in good shape, but when I asked him about the other common rust spots, yea, it has those too.

I dunno, I give up on this.

So as I'm eagerly awaiting the response from the CL seller with the '91MJ, I come across his newest ad:

http://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/2336250938.html

He told me he was going to e-mail me pictures. Said he would hold it for me if I was interested. I told him that I'm not going to go through the effort of getting a pickup truck and a trailer, drive 2.5 hours north without seeing some pictures of the thing. His original ad said rotted frame, but body was in good shape, but when I asked him about the other common rust spots, yea, it has those too.

I dunno, I give up on this.

posting deleted..