What could be squeaking?

It sounds like what ever thats been squeaking is coming from the back end of my truck. What are things that I could grease up to try and stop the squeaking? I was think the leaf spring bushing but :dunno: Any thoughts will be help full thanks

Brandon

you just put new rear springs in right?did they have poly bushings? i always use rubber but anyone ive talked to have said poly bushings squeak bad.

Yeah and I'm not sure what bushings they are what ever hells creek use's. Do you think if I greased the bushings that would stop the squeaking?

Brandon

I recall I had a very odd squeak for years. Then when I bought the truck back, there it was again. It didnt happen very often but it still drove me nuts. Then I figured out it was the spool in my seatbelt. I was such an idiot. :shake:

Check the rear shackle where it bolts to the frame. That's where I had a squeak in the rear. Replaced the stock shackles with new Teraflex greasable shackles and that cured it.

I put on new stock UCAs about a month ago with new rubber bushings in both the arms and axle, and they squeak like mad. I douche them down w. a rubber lubricant but it comes back after a couple of weeks. The old LCAs never squeaked. :fs1:

Whenever it was dry out my truck squeaked at the frame-shackle bolt... I just kept soaking it with wd40 until it stopped! Haven't heard it in months haha :clapping:

I'd try this but, won't WD-40 deteriorate rubber?

Yes . You should not use WD-40 on rubber or plastics. WD-40 is a water displacing petroleum product . It will dry out and damage rubber and plastic . Better to use silicone, hard grease or mineral oil when lubricating around rubber or plastic . Exactly how bad would it hurt our bushings ? Probably not enough to worry about . More critical to smaller parts like seals and o-rings .

Whenever it was dry out my truck squeaked at the frame-shackle bolt... I just kept soaking it with wd40 until it stopped! Haven't heard it in months haha :clapping:

I'd try this but, won't WD-40 deteriorate rubber?

Yes . You should not use WD-40 on rubber or plastics. WD-40 is a water displacing petroleum product . It will dry out and damage rubber and plastic . Better to use silicone, hard grease or mineral oil when lubricating around rubber or plastic . Exactly how bad would it hurt our bushings ? Probably not enough to worry about . More critical to smaller parts like seals and o-rings .

Thank you for the info Ill be taking out the bolts that hold the rear of the leaf springs in and will use a grease gun to grease it all up and put it all back in. I just hope that will help its getting worse :fs1:

Brandon