xj aal on a mj?

just wonderd if this wuld work i have a spare set of xj aal laying around and wuld like to save some cash on a lift. suposed to be either 3" or 2.5 they came with a superlift lift kit that was 3" so I'm gussing 2.5 considering it was also a levaling kit if I'm wrong let me know. but back to my main question will it work?

You can add them to your leaf pack, which will make the pack thicker and thus stiffer with a higher spring rate. Assuming they have the same arch as the stock MJ leafs, the only lift you gain if you're still SUA is from the higher spring rate, maybe an inch or so with an empty bed. If you're SOA it will lift that plus the thickness of the leaf.

How long are your shackles? I run 2" Chevy drop shackles on mine, the response I got from people was "Holy long shackles, Batman!", and they only gave me about 3/4" lift versus the stock shackles. The shackles are 2" longer than stock, but the axle sits forward of the center point of the leafs, so for every 1" extra shackle length, you get less than 0.5" lift.

For 1.5" lift you'd need shackles that are 8 to 9" long!

Um, idk, theyre just standard shackles....

The 2" XJ shackle will net about 1.5" of lift on an MJ.....theyre nothing crazy. People run them all the time, and I netted about 1.5" of lift from them excatly when they were installed in 2008...

My 2" Chevy drop shackles are the same length as 2" XJ lift shackles (7.25") and netted me 3/4" lift.

And the reaction I have gotten from people who have seen them was "Holy long shackles, Batman!".

I also removed Chevy drop shackles from my new 87 that the previous owner installed a budget boost on and replaced them with the stock ones from my other 87, and again, the difference was barely 3/4".

Which spring lift is best ?

a) short

B) long

How does each effect the ride ?

Anyone ever try using both the short and long together ?

If possible , how much lift ? estimates are good . Yes , harsher ride I'm sure , but not too concerned about that part as the 3" height I'm hoping for won't be there much more that 1 year .

I assume any lift to an MJ also requires an extended brake line . When I jacked mine up to see what height I wanted , at 3" , that line was tight already . I have an extended line for the ZJ , haven't checked to see if will work or not yet .

just wonderd if this wuld work i have a spare set of xj aal laying around and wuld like to save some cash on a lift. suposed to be either 3" or 2.5 they came with a superlift lift kit that was 3" so I'm gussing 2.5 considering it was also a levaling kit if I'm wrong let me know. but back to my main question will it work?

Rancho sells the same AAL kit for both the XJ and MJ. Their catalog lists it as 2-1/2" for both vehicles -- which isn't possible. Several years ago I called Rancho and spoke with one of their engineers. She went off and spoke with another engineer, then came back and told me that the catalog was a mis-print. It should be 2-1/2" in the XJ and 1-1/2" in the MJ.

So you can use an XJ full-length AAL in an MJ, but expect to lose at least an inch off the advertised lift.

Obviously, you can also use a short AAL in an MJ, but they ride horribly and can weaken or break the springs.