H.I.D. Lighting

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it lights up a lot or what? but I'm put hids in them not the lights it came with

Yeah, that's the problem, they kinda work with the regular bulbs but with HIDs all they do is blind other drivers and make vision worse than stock. It's basically a reflector housing with a magnifying glass that only succeeds in totally f'ing up the beam pattern. I was disappointed to say the least. At least they were cheap.

but u said they were good for offroading right then thats all I'm worried about not the other drivers. the drivers here in cali don't pay attention anyway

I can't tell you man, I had them on for a day, then took them off yesterday because I didn't like them. Never took them off road. All I can say is give it a shot, hopefully you'll have better luck.

smilielol.gif it true the drivers here in cali don't pay attention or care anyway.

so it lights up a lot or what? but I'm put hids in them not the lights it came with

Yeah, that's the problem, they kinda work with the regular bulbs but with HIDs all they do is blind other drivers and make vision worse than stock. It's basically a reflector housing with a magnifying glass that only succeeds in totally f'ing up the beam pattern. I was disappointed to say the least. At least they were cheap.

That sux! :(

''87Warrior wrote'':

The IPF housings provide a pretty good cut off, which is desired with HIDs.

mj Mike wrote:
MjAllTheWay wrote:

Ok ima little confused is there a special kit that I have to use or are they all the same how do they fit into the housing.

you need the H-4 H.I.D bulbs ballast's, they will fit in your autopal housings.

sorry i think the autopal housings are projector also. :doh:

Nope didn't go back to stock, just went back to my diamond cut style housings with hids. Atleast the lighting is better than the others. Eventually I'll go with either autopal or hella e-codes. Anybody know if the Hellas are worth the price difference because I've read that they are a very close product?

ya a friend runs the hella h-4's with HID's they are a quality housing with good cut off, which is desired with HID's.

so the autopal housings are not like the the other projector housings that have bad optics?

&

''mj Mike''

when you had a shop install your H.I.D's how did they mount you ballast's?

ya a friend runs the hella h-4's with HID's they are a quality housing with good cut off, which is desired with HID's.

so the autopal housings are not like the the other projector housings that have bad optics?

The "E-Mark" Autopals, (not the diamond cut) very closely resemble the Hella E-codes and are actually supposed to be of reasonable quality and have the European 'cutoff' which is great for running HIDs. I just didn't know if I wanted to get those, or pay twice/thrice as much for Hellas.

The E-pals put the light straight down the road with not much to the sides of the road. I use fog/driving lights to supplement the Pals to get better lighting to the roadside's. They do have good cut off line to limit blinding the other traffic.

The E-pals put the light straight down the road with not much to the sides of the road. I use fog/driving lights to supplement the Pals to get better lighting to the roadside's. They do have good cut off line to limit blinding the other traffic.

Thanks, that's the info I was looking for. Do you know if the Hellas are any better as far as light to side? It is good to know that both have good cutoffs, which is what I had read previously.

• 3 months later...