question about spare tire tool/jack handle

The tool from a 2005 Dodge 1500 works. I would assume many of the tools from Dodges with similier spare tire set up would work. The tire winch is not a precision instrument and almost anything with a chisel point will work. I've also used a 3/8 drive ext.

I recently pulled a spare tire winch for a friend from the junkyard. The MJ's jack handle was missing, so I just looked in a few other vehicles until I found a similar shaped handle.

Like Jim said, whatever you use has to be chisel pointed, as the opening on the tire winch is ovalized.

I don't even have the folding handle, never came with one. I just use the lug wrench, stick the pointy end in there and turn. Works like a charm.

I never did like the stock jack, handle, and wrench set-up. I bought a 3K lb. hydraulic bottle jack, much better. For the purists who want everything stock, you can probably find the whole set-up under the back seat of just about any XJ in the yard.

When I junked my '88 Isuzu pickup I kept the long handle for lowering the spare. It works pretty well in the MJ and nearly fits the back of the cab too.

Cool then I have a handle lol glad somebody knew this I bout junked mine.

My tire winch is broken ('92 2WD 6-cyl MJ) apparently missing its cable and whatever attached it to the wheel, and I don't have the handle either. Does anyone have these parts for sale or can you recommend who to order them from, cheap? Doesn't have to be stock replacement especially if there's something that works better.