motion offroad 6.5" lift

Noobie here and would like to say that this place kicks a$$ ! I bought a 88 2wd comanche eliminator about a month ago and have learned more things here on this board then anywhere else ! Plans are to swap in a front axle , possibly rear axle too and different 5 speed (ax15) with np231 case.I will try to get some pics up soon. Been researching lifts and would like some opions on motion offroad 6.5" lift. this is the range I'm thinkin with 33" tires. thanks

A 6.5" lift is a good size to go. I have a 3" on my 89 Comanche and it works great for some of the smaller stuff. What you are going to want to look at while doing the lift tho is drive shaft angles odds are you will have to shim the back end and get the kit to drop the transfer case. Also you'll need several new parts for your steering to keep away from bump steer. I have not lifted my Comanche yet but I helped my friend do a 6.5" lift on his Cherokee and they are the same issues.

The driveshaft angles are less of a concern with the Comanche due to the longer wheelbase. I did a spring over on the rear of my MJ (netted about 6" of lift) and the angle hardly changed. I think it was calculated that you needed a 12" or 16" lift to take the drive shaft out of the transfer case (assuming I remember correctly), where a Cherokee is about 4.5" without a transfer case drop.

For the front, you mainly need a track bar (usually comes with lift kits). The stock steering linkage works fine but needs to be aligned after a lift, I had an 8" lift on my Cherokee with the stock steering linkage (chose a larger steering dampener though since I was running 36's) and had no issues with bump steer.

When its time for my project to have a lift, I already decided on the Motion Offroad 8" lift for the MJ.

If you have questions about the lift @ motion offroad, EMAIL them! They will help alot.

Ask if you can see more pics. I asked and got these... Its the 8" kit I'm wanting!

My ideal build:

1) TNT longarms.

2) TNT Truss on ford 44 or 60 front (ideally 60, 44's are cheaper though and work well with my 37's)

3) SOA on Hell Creek metric ton springs

4) 97+ front conversion with some trimming.

5) 14b, 10.5, 60, or 70 in the rear

6) 4.56 or 4.88 and detroits.

7) 37" mil-spec hummer tires on recentered mil beadlock rims.

dream list:

8) chop top, use bedside patch pannels to giev it a smooth-body look, remove cab bulkhead and add flat floor to bed.

9) full cage.

10) cut up a 2-door XJ roof to make a removable hardtop.

and you have a built to the hilt ScoutII style Manche.

My ideal build:

1) TNT longarms.

2) TNT Truss on ford 44 or 60 front (ideally 60, 44's are cheaper though and work well with my 37's)

3) SOA on Hell Creek metric ton springs

4) 97+ front conversion with some trimming.

5) 14b, 10.5, 60, or 70 in the rear

6) 4.56 or 4.88 and detroits.

7) 37" mil-spec hummer tires on recentered mil beadlock rims.

dream list:

8) chop top, use bedside patch pannels to giev it a smooth-body look, remove cab bulkhead and add flat floor to bed.

9) full cage.

10) cut up a 2-door XJ roof to make a removable hardtop.

and you have a built to the hilt ScoutII style Manche.

That sounds like a bomb proof build jamminz.gif

But your dream list... :dunno: I don't know what to say about that... :shake: But who knows, could look kick a$$ :yes: