Check your local Microfilm!

Automan2164

Well, I just got back from a trip to the local library... Had some time to kill before my tax appointment, so I wandered over to the archives and started flipping through old year books. I found all the normal relatives, then I walked past the stack of Microfilm from the local paper... It then dawned on me to look up the day I was born, Aug 3rd, 1986.

I got the roll out, fed it in, and started searching... I came up empty for my exact date, but on August 1st's paper, I found a few exciting entries.

Looks like they had a Rodeo, and a professional driver hopped into an MJ to run the barrels with it. Must have been exciting. It was part of a 4 on the Floor competition, sponsored by the local Jeep/Renault dealer. You can barely make out the bed in the lower pic, and I believe the upper pic shows the back half of the MJ.

189451_191153430922152_100000824882082_419772_4647984_n.jpg

I also found this little article. It was in the wheels section, and kinda neat.

199263_191153550922140_100000824882082_419774_4162626_n.jpg

Makes me want to go back and start flipping through papers over the years to see what I might have missed in MJ news. I was really hoping to find some Jeep dealer ad's with the Comanche in the forefront. I'll have to head back there when I have time to kill someday.

Rob L. :cheers: