Winter build

I'd go the cheaper "box4rocks" route.

I look at it like this:

I can go and get a 3.73 geared 8.8 for $100, not mess with the gears, toss it SOA under the back and aussie lock it.

Take all the money I was going to spend on gears, put that to a box4rocks.

It would save me buying new wheels and expensive road tires. I guess the point is that I really enjoy the 3.73's on the highway with 31's. I have good power and get great mileage, which is important to me, as the Mj is not a trailer queen, and will be what we take on camping trips.

So I think that for my uses a doubler makes more sense.

I'll run trails just like I do in 4lo, and when I get to the rocks, put it in double low.

From what I gather and have read the guy and co. is pretty legit. I suppose a phone call to them to see if they would warranty any breakage would be a good idea.

Unbelievable prices though on coilovers!

Here's a thread on them from Dezertrangers.com:

http://dezertrangers.com/cgi-bin/ib/iko ... 786;hl=foa

The thread starts off with mindless bashing of the company for having low prices, and slowly turns into the realization that these are a coilover that is meant for people that don't need the capibilities of a King or Fox, and lastly that these may indeed be a quality shock.

Someone that works in the company starts in on the conversation on the 2nd page. He seems very knowledgable and there shocks sound nice. Not too much talk about the coilovers though.

look nice, i wish i didnt have to buy cheapies. :cry:

I'm running $30 shocks myself after rebate, $35 a piece normally. I have to find out why they're so dang loud! I hate crawling with em cause I constantly hear them, "fuhhhhhhh-foooooh."

I can't back this product, cause I've never tried them, but they look decent, and their reviews are decent. They'll probably wind up on my prerunner project.

I am going to call Monday and see what he has to say about my setup, and if he thinks his shocks are upto the task of being rolled and flopped. Then my next question will concern if he offers dual rate kits and stuff, and what he recommneds for springs. I am 99% sure I can call RBS or schaffers and they will be able to point me in the right direction for springs and sell me the proper setup, but at close to 3 times what FOAm wants

... :oops: what exactly are those?

They are H1's rims. They are not recentered yet, but they will be.

The reason why you recenter them is cause they have like71/4" backspacing, which negates the advantage of being full width, and makes it harder to do a high steer conversion

Well The UPS man just left :D and he left behind my Np203 to D300 doubler kit minus the shaft (still being machined). I strongly recommend dealing with Jeds Machining, the owner is his only employee, and he promised me the adapters by today, and they showed up :eek:

Here is a fronty and back side pic, the D300 ring is a press fit into the backing plate for the np203, nice machine work as well

2326475930057109497oZRyCd_th.jpg

2077044800057109497rhMyod_th.jpg

ouch, 625 is steep.

I was going to go with the madrooster setup.

Those pieces look a lot nicer than the madrooster ones, but I'm on a budget, as I still need to get the 8.8 in the rear, and the bed built in the fall.