WJ control arm:

Sir Sam

As you can see here the WJ control arm curves to accomodate a larger tire, it also is boxed and is a good deal stronger than the XJ arm.:

yellow88.jpg

Even still, at full lock while turned I still get a little rub(with my 30.7x9.8 tires):

yellow89.jpg

yellow90.jpg

The WJ arms use a slightly thicker bushing, you will need to grind off about 1/16-1/8" inch before they will fit into the XJ brackets.

does it rub on the other side?

Why is that they only rub on one side? Always wondered... Never put much thought into it though.

Rob L.

Because we have the trackbar pulling to one side. Either you don't lift it enough and it rubs on one side or you have sagging and the suspension droops to the other side. You will always have rubbing on one side unless you are super vigilant with trackbar adjustment to compensate for suspension height when installed, loaded, and finally settled/sagged.

there is adjustability in the system. could just need a tweak. This isn't on the XJ that was in the accident is it?

This is not the white jeep that I just did, this in on my yellow XJ.

does it rub on the other side?

Why is that they only rub on one side? Always wondered... Never put much thought into it though.

Rob L.

Because we have the trackbar pulling to one side. Either you don't lift it enough and it rubs on one side or you have sagging and the suspension droops to the other side. You will always have rubbing on one side unless you are super vigilant with trackbar adjustment to compensate for suspension height when installed, loaded, and finally settled/sagged.

Yuppers, track bar moves it from side to side, you need different length track bars for different height lifts too. In my case I am on stock suspension so there is no adjustment to be done with the trackbar.

It also not really worth trying to get an adjustable track bar setup, You cannot make it rub statically on the control arm, only when turned to the lock, dynamically, under load. And since the track bar is smooth the little bit of rub doesn't hurt anything.

Plus the other half of the year I run my summer tires where the control arm isn't needed at all.

The Caster adjustment also makes a little bit of difference, and that is also different from side to side.