My custom Comanche

First of all I'm new to this board but not new to jeeps or definatly comanches, bought my first comanche about 6 years ago. (still own it, and now i own 6.. yes i said 6 jamminz.gif )

anyways i have been searching the web over and over and hoping to find somebody else that had done the conversion that i had done to my mj about 3 years ago, well i havent..... kinda dissapoints me.

I want you guys to prove my buddies wrong and show me somebody thats done exactly what i did.

is it killing you yet to find out? :fs2:

to me its not that special its just what i do, i get something and i gotta make it better. I get a lot of people that don't believe it till they see the truck

ok ok.... ill tell you; after buying the truck 6 years ago it was a 4cyl 2wd 4 speed that needed serious help, so... junked the drivetrain to put in 88 4.0 aw4 231 30 front and 35 rear 5.5" lift and 33's yaya i know nothing special, got tired of that cause of the renix injection and wanted to drive my truck everywhere and the lift didnt allow me cause of the driveability, soooooo.....

back in the garage it went for a full makeover again, 2 months later it rolled out of the garage with a 99 front clip, 99 4.0 aw4 and 231, non vac dana 30, 8.25 with disc brakes, 99 heater-ac box, 99 dash w/ 99 column, 99 seats, 99 console, 99 doors ( :brows: big mirrors and newer style power windows :brows: ) new headliner, basically i STRIPPED and i do mean stripped a 99 cherokee and adapted everything to my truck, also took the lift off in favor of stock suspension and 235's wrapping a set of the newer factory aluminum wheels, incase your wondering the airbags and everything else that was in the cherokee is in my mj and yes they do function, probably wanting pics now huh, well youll have to wait till i get my answer as to if anybody else has gone this far in doing anykind of 97-2001 cherokee conversion on a mj

cool, I'm curious to see their pics or what they ran into as far as problems, my hardest part was moding my gas tank to accept the newer style cherokee fuel pump

please elaborate on what you did exactly. others have used a TJ gas tank as a replacement.

I wouldnt recomend what i did to my gas tank to anyone, wasnt sure if a tj tank would work and I didnt have one handy so I did a lot of cutting and welding and made my steel comanche tank to look like the top of a cherokee/tj tank so the newer fuel pump would drop in. If there is anybody here that used a tj tank and could tell me what they had to do or if it was an easy swap then id like to know. I own 6 of these trucks and 1 is halfway converted with the newer stuff already and 2 more will follow after that one is done, not having to cut up and mod another comanche tank would make me happy

Just got done reading all 21 pages of your onyx build, a lot of the same stuff i ran into except for the fuel tank, over 3 years and over 12000 miles (don't drive it everyday) on it since being built and still going strong, best thing I have ever done to my mj.

I like the idea of using the tj tank and think i will do it, except for it looks real close to where the driveline would be, I am currently using a smaller diameter shaft ( i think 3" will have to measure) and no lift except for the 1" pucks in the front to help level it out