NEW MJ/XJ Steering Box Brace- Indiana

89Tonto

NEW MJ/XJ Steering Box Brace. A full set of installation instructions comes with brace. Grade 5 bolts are provided. All metal was sandblasted prior to several coats of Hammertone black paint being applied. $40.00 + shipping (probably around $15.00-USPS Priority Mail).

• 4 weeks later...
Are these still available? I would like a few of these. Me and some buddys would like a set.

They look easy to install. jamminz.gif

Yes, still have a few left. My shipping box is large enough for 2-3 steering braces. Good way to save shipping cost.

Very easy to install. 2-3 beer install rating. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
If my steering box has a little play, might this help firm up the steering a bit, or is this purely a preventative measure?

It all matters where the play is at. If it's the steering box, itself, moving, you want to make sure the frame isn't cracked around the bolts first. If it's just the frame flexing then the brace will firm the steering up considerably.

If my steering box has a little play, might this help firm up the steering a bit, or is this purely a preventative measure?

The Uni-Body loves to flex especially up front. When the body is flexing with larger offroad tires (33"+) its pushing and pulling on the steering box. By installing the steering box brace, it just tightens up everything up front.

Cheap insurance. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Wow ya. I want one

Leaving now for a long weekend of fishing and wheelin' in MJ. Gotta have that A/C. :thumbsup:

Will be back to a computer Sunday evening. Can ship out Monday if that works for you.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• 2 months later...

Archived