Hood latch?

it's possible that it is closed. I had a door latch do that to me once. :fs1: Does it look like the other side? If it's stuck closed, you might have luck by working the center mechanicsm back and forth while prying it open.

• 2 weeks later...
My hood won't go down on the driver side.

As in the hood is open the latch is stuck closed. Sick a screwdriver in there and manually open the latch, also see that the cable is pulling on it.

Ah I get it now, just kind of a round about way of saying "my hood is open and the latch is frozen so it won't latch".

• 3 months later...

I prued this open a while back. I've been noticing the side that messed up sits up higher than the other side. Is there any adjustment? I don't enjoy the lifted body line. Do I need to replace the latch or can I adjust. Has anybody replaced one of these hood latches? Thanks

I had one of mine stuck like the hood was closed and the latch was holding the pin when the hood was open. I took the latch off and cleaned it up and finangled the parts to open it. The problem is that it kept doing that if the hood did not completely close each time. I did the easy thing and ordered new one through teamcherokee.

Here is a link to the parts if you are interested. Only 29.95 plus shipping for both.

http://www.teamcherokee.com/Engine_Latch_Cable/index.html