2.5l Vacuum Issues - canister tie-in

Is the vacuum canister supposed to tie into the engine system at all? Here is a pictures with the RED being what i added to the picture. There is a T-off just before the EGR solenoid going to the canister.

Also, the lines going into the TAC(GREEN), and the lines going into the TB(BLUE)... does it matter which hose goes on which port? I know on the TB there is a larger hole and a smaller hole, does it matter which goes to the MAP and which goes to the valve cover?

Is there anything I should be checking with the vacuum motor?

The cruise control i added on is T'd into the line from the manifold to the power booster behind the brake fluid reservoir. Is this correct?

The diagram is fine.. The fresh air inlet is towards the front of the valve cover. Maybe thats why you think its mixed up. Like I said, I added the red line and the vac canister to show what mine looks like. I know it's supposed to go to the heater/air. Any reason why PO would have tied it into the eng vac sys? Where should the hose be going to? To get rid of the confusion, here's another picture. The hose going to the vacuum canister in the bumper is hooked into that T right behind the EGR solenoid going towards the firewall. I'd unplug it and cap off the T but where would the hose go?

The cruise control i added on is T'd into the line from the manifold to the power booster behind the brake fluid reservoir. Is this correct?

Also, there is the larger hose coming out of the vacuum canister in the bumper. Where is the correct place to plug this hose into. Thanks.

No. There should be nothing teed into the vacuum line for the brakes.

Also, there is the larger hose coming out of the vacuum canister in the bumper. Where is the correct place to plug this hose into. Thanks.

This I won't be able to answer until the snow melts off at least one of the 4-bangers. Off the top of my head, I'm inclined to suggest that it doesn't really matter where it plugs in, as long as it is connected to the intake manifold. The canister isn't a vacuum motor, it is just a reservoir. The purpose is to maintain vacuum in the heater (and cruise control) circuits when intake manifold vacuum drops.

Thanks for the reply Eagle. Ill bring the cruise control vac over to the canister then and get a new hose for the booster. Ill go ahead and plug the canister hose back into the engine vac where it was previously next to the egr solenoid until someone says otherwise. Thanks again. :thumbsup: