moving to nc

echdaviem

thats right! i got a new job and am moving to nc jamminz.gifcomanche.gif so my question is what do i need to do since i need to pass inspections in nc. there aren't any inspections in florida so... oh and who's in the durham/raliegh area? hoping to meet some fellow manche enthusiasts! :cheers:

thats right! i got a new job and am moving to nc jamminz.gifcomanche.gif so my question is what do i need to do since i need to pass inspections in nc. there aren't any inspections in florida so... oh and who's in the durham/raliegh area? hoping to meet some fellow manche enthusiasts! :cheers:

I'm a few miles outside of Raleigh/Durham :wavey: . Inspections aren't too bad but it depends

a lot on the shop you go to and the county your vehicle is registered in. Some counties test emissions and some don't. (Wake and Durham CO do). Find an out of the way, small time shop and you can usually make out OK.

Check This out.

Good luck with the move.

thinks for the info foreman1063. looks like i have some work to do on my truck before i go. new windsheild, parking brakes need fixed, i need to put a cat converter in it as the PO hollowed the old one out and reverse lights. well at least it's one step closer to getting the old manche to what it used to be. :wrench: thanks for all the help, looking forward to the move! jamminz.gif

I'm a NC safety emissions inspector. I'm assuming youre talking about what you will need to get your MJ inspected.... youll need ALL lights to work, except reverse lights, headlights aimed right, youll need all emissions equipment to be in place and APPEAR operational, steering tight, tires need at least 2/32" tread with no cord showing, belts on the engine need to have no cracking, though like was said, it depends on the shop you go to and if you know anyone who could help you out in that area. don't just pop into an inspection station, and expect to get a leinient inspection. We are really wary of first time customers, and unknown vehicles, and if the inspector get scared thinking youre an undercover, you will get the full monty of inspections with no leiniency. Youll have a month or so after you move down before they really want you to get your inspection, so take that time to get to know a good shop, or find someone that is a good customer somewhere that can take you in and they won't go so hard on you if you are a little outside the lines in a couple places. It will be a safety only inspection, but included in that is a tampering inspection where we check to see that all original emissions equipment are still in place. When we do that, the state compares what we see to a database on the vehicle to make sure everything is kosher. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me or ask whatever here. I live about 1 1/2 hour west of Raliegh. Good luck!

thinks for the info foreman1063. looks like i have some work to do on my truck before i go. new windsheild, parking brakes need fixed, i need to put a cat converter in it as the PO hollowed the old one out and reverse lights. well at least it's one step closer to getting the old manche to what it used to be. :wrench: thanks for all the help, looking forward to the move! jamminz.gif

Your windsheild will pass inspection broken as long as it does not have any cracks that will make the wipers snag on them. And if your cat is there, but just hollowed out, it will pass as well, as there is no way for us to look inside it. Yes parking brakes need to work as well, and have I think at least 1/3 of travel as reserve with the brake on before hitting bottom. You don't need the reverse lights to work to pass either, they don't get inspected.

when i lived in NC i had a 93 chevy work truck. i couldnt get it running so i took it to a shop and had it fixed, and had them do an inspection as well.... i had a burnt out headlight and the seat belts werent even bolted in. as well as a few other things. and it passed it really does depend on what shop you go to