Winter safety tips

jimoshel

They suggest that anyone traveling in the current icy conditions should make sure they have the following: Shovel, Blankets or sleeping bag, Extra clothing including hat and gloves

24 hours worth of food

De-Icer

Rock Salt

Flashlight with spare batteries

Road Flares or Reflective Triangles

Gas Can

First Aid Kit

Booster cables

I looked like an idiot on the bus this morning

:doh:

On a more serious note, this points out a fundamental difference between the male and female brain wiring. I drive either a Comanche or the old Cherokee. My wife drives the new Cherokee (which I owned before we met). Prior to the marriage, ALL my (running and registered) Jeeps had in them:

• [*:2ajryega]First aid kit
    [*:2ajryega]Surplus fiber blanket
    [*:2ajryega]Space blanket
    [*:2ajryega]Jumper cables
    [*:2ajryega]Two pairs of leather-palm work gloves (one pair insulated)
    [*:2ajryega]Spanner for the lug nuts
    [*:2ajryega]Spare oil
    [*:2ajryega]Spare coolant
    [*:2ajryega]Fire extinguisher
    [*:2ajryega]Winter jacket, in a big zip-lock bag
    [*:2ajryega]Roll of paper towels
    [*:2ajryega]Bottle of (generic) Windex
    [*:2ajryega]Mag-Lite
    [*:2ajryega]Waste basket

There's probably a few things I don't recall. For the Cherokees, the emergency gear fills two plastic milk crates.

The first thing my wife did when she took over the new Cherokee was remove ALL that stuff from the vehicle and stash it in the corner of the garage. Even the waste basket. Then she unwraps snacks and stuff and tosses the wrappings all over the floor -- and then wonders why the "car" looks so messy. :doh:

On a more serious note, this points out a fundamental difference between the male and female brain wiring. :doh:

In my case, the ONLY absolute necessity the females in my house need is a functioning cell phone. We've had three snow/ice storms so far, highly unusual for this neck of the woods, and I've been "called out" by all three of the resident females, one each for each storm. Mr. MJ to the rescue each time, so far with no damages. But I'm living on borrowed time because all three are clueless. :(