Which rear axle would you put in this?

tbrand

what else can we say it is SCARRY fast.

"Scarry." That would be ... with scars?

duel fans,

Two fans, rotating in opposing directions to cancel each other out?

tack,

Tack is saddles and bridles and stuff you put on horses.

nice interior, no back seat, dashpad cracked,

What else can we say? "Oxymoron," perhaps? (Or maybe just "moron.")

duel fans,

Really now? dual fans= side by side eletric fans, come on :doh:

tack,

also a tack is that small pointy piece of metal with a plastic grip that u stick into a wall, or pin (tack) the tail on the donkey :D . but I'm sure we all knew he meant tach., or tachometer for the easily stumpped :shake: :D

suprised u didnt mention "the idals good". correct spelling since we are knit picking is "idles" ;)

did anybody else look at the engine pictures and notice that chain going from the frame rail to the motor? :rotfl2:

duel fans,

Really now? dual fans= side by side eletric fans, come on :doh:

tack,

also a tack is that small pointy piece of metal with a plastic grip that u stick into a wall, or pin (tack) the tail on the donkey :D . but I'm sure we all knew he meant tach., or tachometer for the easily stumpped :shake: :D

suprised u didnt mention "the idals good". correct spelling since we are knit picking is "idles" ;)

did anybody else look at the engine pictures and notice that chain going from the frame rail to the motor? :rotfl2:

The pig has one. After replacing both bad engine mounts and a perfectly fine transmission mount that ended up being the only way to keep the fan out of the radiator during full throttle hill climbs or burn outs.

The pig has one. After replacing both bad engine mounts and a perfectly fine transmission mount that ended up being the only way to keep the fan out of the radiator during full throttle hill climbs or burn outs.

wouldnt or shouldnt polyurathane mounts cure that? or did you just go straight to the chain cure?

Chaining the motor to prevent torque-induced motor rotation is an old, old solution that still works. It is especially popular in drag racing for vehicles thet do not have a solid mount available. Another choice is a turnbuckle with one eye bolted to the engine and one to the frame. I used a turnbuckle to keep from ripping the mounts apart in my 550 hp/600 ft/# 440-powered Road Runner.

wouldnt or shouldnt polyurathane mounts cure that? or did you just go straight to the chain cure?

Unibody vehicle. I didn't want the engine fibration transmitted to the body (and seats), so I i didn't try polyurethane ones (or the bombproof ones). The chain has 1/2" slack in it, so during normal driving it doesn't do anything, but when it tries to move forward it can only go 1/2" and will be stopped before the fan tries to eat the radiator.

My thought would be, swap in a better axle and wide 15-inch tires, and go surprise everyone at the dragstrip.

but the small narow tires are pprobably all that keep that axel from exploding everytime you press the skinny pedal

See above. Never mind the amount of frame rotation this would put down. It would be awesome for at least one run. :D

I don't think the seller was implying that 65 at 4000 was good for highway driving. He merely said it got there very quickly I presume meaning it had a lot of torque. Possibly he should have mentioned it wouldn't do it a second time intact.

Why a Corolla? I could have though of a half a dozen better cars to have done that to. Even a Gremlin would have been a better choice than that.

It still wouldn't be my first choice but I'd like to do that to a little AMC Spirit. I had a 1980 DL model. Bought it brand new literally off the showroom floor. The dealership had put the GT package on it along with a pop up moon roof and outline while letter tires on turbine wheels. It was a "sporty" looking little car. I'd like to have another one. Enough so that I've always got an eye open for one. Particularly with an AMX package.