Cherokee Part Out Question

Just wanted to see how long it took someone to take the parts for a 97+ conversion off of the donor. I have a garage for the time being and since i might actually be able to accomplish harvesting all of my parts i thought i might see if anyone had experience. Thanks in advance!

There's a new body style Cherokee at a gas station/garage down the road from me. They've been taking parts off it for several months now.

Being able to do it in one day must be REALLY cranking. If I were doing it, I'd want to label all the connections on the wiring harness, and that alone would probably be a two- or three-day effort.

I have done it in one day, but to quote Eagle, that was really crankin it and not worrying about how it was going back together again. There's a difference between parting one out for scrap and parting one out for donor. When your removing a part it seems obvious where it goes when putting it back together but guess what? It doesn't happen that way. I think one of the most common reasons projects get abandoned is because the guy, or girl, is looking at a wire, or a hose or a part and can't remember where or how it goes. Label everything. Take lots of pics. Make notes of anything that gave you trouble removing it because it is going to be twice as hard putting it back. Get beer. Get anybody you can con into it to help, especially if it's somebody has an idea of what they're doing. Have fun. Jim :thumbsup:

There's a new body style Cherokee at a gas station/garage down the road from me. They've been taking parts off it for several months now.

Being able to do it in one day must be REALLY cranking. If I were doing it, I'd want to label all the connections on the wiring harness, and that alone would probably be a two- or three-day effort.

sweet does the owner know :rotfl2:

I would say you could get the parts pulled in 2 days and be in good shape. Of course it helps that I have pulled and reinstalled many of the parts several times. I think I could do it with my eyes shut.

You are best off with the Jeep sitting there. It will make is sooooo much easier when cutting brackets and measuring holes in the MJ to match the XJ stuff.