Axle Set Good Deal?

Ebay has a Comanche axle set, Dana 44 and Dana 30, both 3.54 ratio.

ref: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... OTORS:1123

Given that shipping these things could cost a couple hundred dollars or more, is it worth

buying (seller says must buy both) to have a bolt-in upgrade from my current 30/35 with 3.07?

With 188k miles on them, perhaps better off to just find a 44 with 3.54 and then change the

front ratio ring & pinion to match. Opinions?

I don't like buying parts that I can't fully inspect ahead of time.

also, I'd shoot for a 96-99 XJ front axle with 3.55s. they are everywhere and have the bigger joints, non-CAD, and are younger. :thumbsup:

as for the 44, that's up to you. plenty of 97+ 3.54 8.25s out there too.

Not worth it IMHO. You can get a matched set big-joint front and 29-spline 8.25 rear for less than half of what shipping that axle set would cost; at least anywhere I have seen you can. The D44 is nominally stronger than an 8.25, but not by any huge amount. Spring perches/welding shouldn't be more than a $100 to pay someone to do it on a worse case scenario. $50-$60 is more realistic.

The price folks want for a factory D44 is way high to me. If you absolutely have to have a D44 set, I will accept offers on a factory 3.54 D44 rear with a perfectly functioning LSD and video to prove it... :D