Decal and graphics removal tip

To get those rotting graphics off the side of my truck I found that besides using heat to get the big chunks off, using acetone and a razorblade knife (the ones used for removing inspection stickers) works well IF and a big IF you drag the blade toward you instead of pushing with the blade. Dragging it toward you with a light hand will get the glue off without wrecking the paint. It will take few swipes.

wd-40 pb blaster and those type penetrants work great for dissolving glue also. where i work we get vehicles with stickers all over everywhere i just spray them with pb blaster and wait about 10 minutes then scrap them with a scraper.I'm not sure what effect it has on paint long term when I'm done i spray window cleaner on the area and clean it up that way.pb blaster is good for when you stuff on your hands that go-jo won't take off too like jb weld lol. sparay and let it sit a few minutes and it comes right off.

Where were you guys when I was removing the decal on my 88? The PO had just tried to sand the decal off, which still left tape and a butt load of adhesive and gouged up the body.

Eventually I discovered that I could rub it down with acetone or Xylol and the tape would soften up, then it just zipped right off.

Wiped down with Xylol to remove the adhesive. The hardest part was getting the tape off where it had been sanded.

Nice to know there are some better products out there.