Behind the seat storage question

If you are handy why not custom build something out of metal, or even wood then cover or paint it? If you still have the bench seat there is plenty of room back there. When I swapped to buckets I lost a lot of storage room behind them. I am now forced to use a toolbox in the bed for my straps, tow chain, and random tools.

Man that would be so nice if you could tho :( anyways if you don't want a bed tool box because it takes up to much room or what ever, why don't you go with a truck wheel well tool box? I have seen a few and they are rly nice and don't take up much room. Here is a pic of what one would look like: 163711_lg.jpg

Brandon

Not sure what i'm doing with the bed yet. I have 6 - 4x4 sheets of alum. diamond plate here to make just about anything as long as it has something to do with wheelin' and camping. I like this idea for the spare tire.

Has anyone build a storage box for behind your seats. I'm wanting to build something for tools and such. Any help would be appreciated.

Wen I did my bucket seat conversion I had the upholstery shop at a large pocket to the seat back. Makes a good place to store documents, books and the like.

Depending on what tools you want to carry around, a tool bag can make a lot of sense. For larger tools, try a bigger bag.

Also, don't forget about the under the seat storage space. It makes a good place to stash a plactic box with a whole set of sockets, ratchets, screw driver bits etc. You see the 99 tools in a plastic storage box kit all over the place for cheap money.

A wood box can be made easily with just a hand saw, an electric drill and some wood screws. But it really depends oon what you want to store in the box. I like a bag over a box because I can buy a bag in most sizes.

Have seen and do not like the large thing with multiple pockets that hangs under the rear window.