READ! tbi 2.5L wont start

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just an fyi, when testing for voltage in the harness back by the fuel tank, the pump will ONLY get voltage for 1 second after the key is first turned to "run", and then again when the engine is actively being turned over or the truck is running. It does not get power under any other circumstance.

between the burnt wire harness and the wrong pump, I think you need to start from scratch, stop screwing around with the bad stuff and replace them both with good and proper parts. and if the bare wires in that harness shorted out, then you might also have burned out a fuse, a relay or even a fusible link.

just an fyi, when testing for voltage in the harness back by the fuel tank, the pump will ONLY get voltage for 1 second after the key is first turned to "run", and then again when the engine is actively being turned over or the truck is running. It does not get power under any other circumstance.

between the burnt wire harness and the wrong pump, I think you need to start from scratch, stop screwing around with the bad stuff and replace them both with good and proper parts. and if the bare wires in that harness shorted out, then you might also have burned out a fuse, a relay or even a fusible link.

i retaped the wiring again, and did a good job on it, its plugged back onto the car and I'm going to test the voltage with the Jeep on. and I can't find a fuse, honestly i don't think there is one. as for the relay theres 3 of them, in one spot, which one is the fuel pump?

great news, i hooked everything, didnt check relay or nothing, but grandma turned the key so the engine can start cranking. and while i tested for volts the pump read 6.74 volts and was running. now all i have to do is put it back in the tank and fill it up with gas, i definitely hope its fixed