READ! tbi 2.5L wont start

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could just take a long wiree and hook one end to the bat pos and run the other end back to the pump. I would go to the FP relay and check voltages there. Check the voltage on the red wire, input, and the orange wire, output direct to FP. Should be 12V with key on.

You could just take a long wiree and hook one end to the bat pos and run the other end back to the pump. I would go to the FP relay and check voltages there. Check the voltage on the red wire, input, and the orange wire, output direct to FP. Should be 12V with key on.

ok i wanna try checking relays but can u be more specific

On the front of the left hand inner fender is 2 relays, 3 if you have AC. If I remember correctly the front one is the FP relay. there are 4 wires to it, yellow, red, orange and orange with black tracer. The yellow and red wire should be 12V when the key is on.The orange/black is from the ECU, activates the relay when needed. The orange wire goes direct to the FP and be 12V.

On the front of the left hand inner fender is 2 relays, 3 if you have AC. If I remember correctly the front one is the FP relay. there are 4 wires to it, yellow, red, orange and orange with black tracer. The yellow and red wire should be 12V when the key is on.The orange/black is from the ECU, activates the relay when needed. The orange wire goes direct to the FP and be 12V.

:agree: this should tell you where you losing power.I would also test from the fuel pump + wire to the frame and see if you have the same 4v,put the red lead on the + terminal of the plug and the black lead to the frame of the truck

yeah from my point of view thats just 100% confusing. am i gonna be working under, in, over, aside, or in front of it?

Anytime directions are given, front, rear, left, right,above, below it is from the drivers seat for reference. You will be, or should be, standing on the LEFT hand side and towards the FRONT of the truck. You will be leaning over the fender, With the hood raised, and the pre-mentioned components will be directly in front of you.

Its not uncommon to see a pump held in with a zip tie.

If your worried about the wires take the meter and check continuity on each end. Or you could hook 12v to the plug and see if the pump runs

If that harness is the problem you should have 12v where the harness plugs in.

Now that you found the relays pull out the one Jim said to check and test the terminals where it plugs in