wiring problems!! wont start, no power

well i have had my comanche about 3 weeks now and have only driven it once..before i bought it..when i got it home it needed a new steering column and a few wires were melted on the ignition...i put another column in and fixed the wires...now the jeep won't get any power inside the cab..it stops at the fuse box i think... a few days ago my friend slammed the passenger door and all the power came on!! i then tried to start it and the power went back out..then lastnight i went outside and the dang thing was purrin..the power came on and the fan came on...i don't know what it could be??? ive never messed with wiring.. any suggestions?

You have two MJ's listed in your sig, which one are you referring to?

I would check the C101 connector. Its the big one up on the firewall near the brake booster and MC. Pull it loose and make sure all the pins are clean and straight. Lots of funky electrical gremlins can happen because of that bad boy. Then start going through and tightening all the chassis grounds.

88swampedmj, I think your problem is related to the steering column you replaced. On the column under the dash on the right hand side there are 3 wire connectors. One is a long thin one that clips on to the column. Above that connector are two sockets on the column. I would push those two in and make sure they have a good connection. You will see on one of the connectors a heavy gauge yellow wire so you know that you are looking at the right wire connectors. Let me know if this is it. Thanks Frank C