Spring wrap/wheel hop with SOA?

I am planning on lifting my 89 4x4 long bed Comanche [metric ton w/44] and going to 33'' tires. How many have done the rear SOA and have had problems with spring wrap. What can be done for it if needed? Should I just go with custom spring lift like the JP Comanche?-Rich

I added a second main leaf from a junkyard MJ pack to mine. I cut the eyes off and placed it underneath the current main. I am very pleased with it. Haven't had any issues with 'wrap and it still flexes great. :D I'm actually limited by my shocks (bumpstops keep the shocks from actually bottoming out).

Jeep on!

--Pete

I was thinking 5-6''. I think my question should be - when I do the SOA, what is the rock bottom hight in the rear needed to clear the 33s [4.5?]. I can match the front to the rear. I just don't want to come up short. Thanks-Rich

That depends on how much lift you are planning up front.

Patrick

i havent had any problems with axle wrap with mine and its been SOA for 2.5 years. I left the over load leaf in, did not hurt the flex at all. One thing that you might want to do, is either purchase a set of extended length spring perches such as ones that M.O.R.E. sells (around 7" in length) or make your own out of some 2x3 rectangular tubing. I used a set of the MORE perches on my front d44. and havent had a problem with front axle wrap either.

p10-1129866467.jpg

you can't see the rear flexing too well in the picture but it flexes better than the front. my rear shocks limit the droop and compression