Plowing with an MJ.

I have had several pows on my xj and, I had a meyers set up that worked great but it was too heavy for the jeep, then I got a snowbear plow that worked great - the plow came up and down with an electric winch but it had a manual angle that got old quickly. When time came to set up my Mj I went ahead and got a snoway plow set up. This one in my opinion is the best one I had. It's fully hydraulic with down pressure which is so nice to be able to scrape the driveway clean of snow and ice. This set ip uses a polycarbonate plow set up that weight around 400 pounds including the subframe. I also use a pair of air bags inside the coils that were super easy to install and they help me carry the load of the plow.

I just installed a meyers 7' blade on my mj. It looks really big in the picture but it only sticks out about 8" on each side. I havent had the chance to plow with it yet, but you will need stiffer springs or a lift in the front. I have 2.75' spacers in the front and it sags quite a bit.

I have a Sno-Bear too for my MJ. I got it used (good price) from a buddy that had it on the front of his Ramcharger. Wanted to keep the wife happy with a semi-cleaned driveway. ;) It's good to do driveways for the mother-in-law, sister-in-law, brother, etc. :clapping: Unfortunately, it doesn't always pay cash.

This year, I did away with the UGLY, factory steel plate and switch control. Wired up a sealed control box from an ATV winch control. Nice addition.

Although I have a 4" lift on MJ, I still added some pucks up front for the added winter weight.

Here is a nice website for anything related to plowing -http://www.plowsite.com :thumbsup:

I just installed a meyers 7' blade on my mj. It looks really big in the picture but it only sticks out about 8" on each side. I havent had the chance to plow with it yet, but you will need stiffer springs or a lift in the front. I have 2.75' spacers in the front and it sags quite a bit.

You need this to help carry the load. Air lift bags are super easy to do.

and this is my set up

On the Sno*Bear, the frame mount bolts/clamps to the frame on both sides as shown.

Then both sides are connected by an horizontial brace.

The two (2) front rods then support the complete frame assembly. Short and sweet.

As for electrical connections, there are two (2) wires that get connected to operate the winch. I have quick disconnect connectors for those.

• 2 weeks later...