ford 9 inch with lockrite

anyone have any experience with the lock rite lockers?i just had one put in my 9 inch and its staying locked.

its brand new so does it just require a few days driving to loosen up or what?

every corner the rear tires make the skeek noise as one turns faster than the other.

will it eventually unlock or do i need to take it back to the shop and have them fix it?

thanks john

ps i tried going backwards to unock it no luck

does it still drag the tires if you just coast around the corner?

yes with the clutch pushed in it still chirps the tires in a turn.

someone said go drive around in circles 20 right circles and 20 left circles and see if that helps.

also seems like the front locker is driving the driveshaft backwards thru the drivetrain and making a really loud humm from the transfer case.

I have a lock right in my XJ and it clicks around corners unless you apply some throttle then it squeals a tire.The first turn after you install it usually pops pretty good then it clicks from there. I think yours was put in wrong. There is a gap between the the parts (can't think of the name right now) that has to be within specs, so they can seperate while going around corners. If the gap is to small it won't be able to unlock , if to big it won't lock correctly. I would take it back and have them fix it.

i wouldnt doubt it was put in wrong about everything else they did was messed up too.

they installed new brakes in the rear since the disc brake conversion kit they got didnt fit.

but i guess they didnt adjust the rear brakes so i have almost no pedal.but it does pump up after about 3 pumps.

i wouldnt doubt it was put in wrong about everything else they did was messed up too.

they installed new brakes in the rear since the disc brake conversion kit they got didnt fit.

but i guess they didnt adjust the rear brakes so i have almost no pedal.but it does pump up after about 3 pumps.

What shop did the work?

i'd rather not blast anyone on such a public forum. I'm gonna adjust the brakes tomorrow and see if that helps.

they were supposed to lengthen my rear drive shaft which they didnt do,so i'll have to have that done.

someone said drive the truck in circles left and right to loosen the locker i'll try that tomorrow too.when all thats done i'll see where i am and maybe call them and see what they say and go from there.

ok i went out and drove it in circles for awhile.it seems to be working sometimes as long as I'm in neutral , even then sometimes it still pops but that could be the ratchet thing ever one talks about.its hard to hear in the truck with the tires whining and all.and the transfer case whining so loud lol