rough idel

Just installed rebuilt motor was ideling and running great. Now since its getting colder out idels and backfires through throttle body only when i first start up in the morning or sitting more then 8 hrs after it warms up it runs great. Any ideas 1990 2.5 thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

So i filled up with gas last night drove to work today 60 miles round trip used a half tank of gas. Did not have this problem first 800 miles. Normally get around 280 to 300 miles out of a tank. A ny other ideas. thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I did all of the above. Today took my son back to college today. Still backfiring through tbi and $90.00 in gas (30gallons) and only 290 miles sometimes i can give it gas and will run good other times give it gas and bogs down and backfires through tbi. It is getting exspensive to drive anymore. Any other ideas thanks

Mine is doing the same thing, so if you figure it out please email me. Or PM me, Thanks! Just something i tried was coolant temperature sensor on the intake, it took away my bad fuel mileage, but i still have a rough idle.

I was getting all sorts of nasty backfires in my 86 (carbed). I eventually tracked down the issue and it turned out to be corrosion in the feed wire where it attached to the coil causing a really weak spark.

but not before I blew the muffler apart. :yes: