Need Opinions

Does anyone make a good shackle for a 2 inch lift?

The cheap way (which I'd opt for) is to get a set of 2" drop shackles for a full-size chebby.

Or, make my own.

However, I believe that RE makes some good quality shackles, and should have some that are long enough...

I am doing the exact same thing on my neighbors XJ so he can run a set of 30's I have been holding for him!!

Unless his XJ has sagged something fierce, he can run 30s with no lift. I ran 'em for years on "Old faithful" (my original 198 XJ that I bought new in January of '88).

Does anyone make a good shackle for a 2 inch lift?

The cheap way (which I'd opt for) is to get a set of 2" drop shackles for a full-size chebby.

Or, make my own.

However, I believe that RE makes some good quality shackles, and should have some that are long enough...

What year Chebby and what do you mean by 2" drop brackets?Thanks

I am doing the exact same thing on my neighbors XJ so he can run a set of 30's I have been holding for him!!

Unless his XJ has sagged something fierce, he can run 30s with no lift. I ran 'em for years on "Old faithful" (my original 198 XJ that I bought new in January of '88).

It is WAY sagged!!!! the 215's it now wears are margional!!! :eek: :D So much so that 235's may be the biggest we can get on it!!!

Image Not Found

CW

not really sagged at all, it actually sits really nice as is

i know i can run them, but i would like to do just some minor offroad with it, and i have a set of 265/70/r15s for it

i have a chance at the lift for 50, i thought it might be interesting

will be putting on wheel spacers in the back though just for a diff look

2" Chevy drop shackles measure 83/4" eye to eye.. thus giving you 2" of lift. Keep in mind that this will affect your pinion angle, and move your tire closer to the bottom edge of the front of the wheel well. IT will give you awesome flex as well, so make sure you have a long enough rear brake line, as well as ebrake cables

would it be a dramatic difference??

i would like to eventually run 31's, and i know they will fit stock, but they do rub a bit

so i figures with about 2 inches of lift and some better backspaced rims, it would look pretty nice, and give enouh flex that i could do a little offroadign with it