Done with Rough Country

Incommando

To paraphrase from my build thread:

I bought my 4.5" Rough Country lift kit through Hellcreek for the 10% discount. I received excellent customer service from Hellcreek and it is the exact same kit as you get directly from Rough Country as it was drop shipped from Rough Country.

That being said, I am done with Rough Country. Numerous items were missing from the kit: rear u-bolts, promised brake line drop brackets, extended sway bar links.

From http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_mj_4.html:

Part #: 626S

1986 - 1993 Jeep MJ Comanche 4.5" SuspensionKit Contents:

Front: Lifted coil springs, lower control arms, transfer case drop kit, extended sway-bar links, brake line relocation brackets & hardware. Rear: Add-a-leafs, shackles & hardware. Shocks: Includes (4) Hydro 8000 series shocks.

I called R.C. and the rude dude on the phone refused to aid me. Some B.S about the extra parts box only being inlcuded in the XJ kit, but not in the MJ kit with the same part #.... :fs1: Hellcreek intervened and got them to send the stuff out...except all that showed up were the u-bolts on another drop-ship from R.C. We ended up making our own extended sway bar links and, using tips from here, relocated the brake lines. The pics for the kit show long AAL's and short ones were sent. Numerous items from the included instructions did not match what was sent. The invoice showed they had no pre-made kits "quantity on hand" and it looks like they have a list of parts they DID have and just sent what they had, and to heck with the rest. I am going to TRY to get the rest of the stuff sent as I paid for it, but I do not hold out much hope.

My impression of Hellceek is outstanding but Rough Country is the exact opposite. I am not sure why one is aligned with the other.

this is the first poor customer service I've heard of from Rough country.

that said...don't you think you'd be angry if someone bought your lift from another company, rather than dealing with you directly?

goes to say, deal directly with the manufacturer.

I totally disagree:

THEY set up this business model in selling their kits through distributors. Fewer manufacturers sell both retail and wholsesale but R.C. chooses to do business this way: no one makes them. To treat people poorly for using the system that they created is shabby, IMHO. THEY recieved money for the missing parts and THEY failed to send them twice, even if the money came from Hellcreek and not from me directly. Their being angry for consumers using their system is beyond silly.

Hellcreek has treated me very well. They paid R.C for these parts, and I do not expect Hellcreek to cough up the parts that R.C. refuses to provide.

Look at it this way: Using the process that I provide, you send me money for parts and pay me to ship them to your buddy. I take your money but refuse to send the parts despite being made aware of the issue. How much do you want to bet that you would probably call me a thief? So, why is it different if it is a company involved and not an individual? I and Hellcreek followed their process.

I totally disagree:

THEY set up this business model in selling their kits through distributors. Fewer manufacturers sell both retail and wholsesale but they choose to do busines this way: no one makes them. To treat people poorly for using the system that they created is shabby, IMHO. THEY recieved money for the missing parts and THEY failed to send them twice, even if the money came from Hellcreek and not from me directly.

:agree:

A vendor is someone they allowed to sell their product. If they didn't want someone to sell their product, they would not allow it. Simple as that. The problem lies with Rough country.

Rob L.

*shrug* they have ALWAYS treated me and my friend right.

that said, it usually takes a few calls to get all of the parts you're supposed to get. they take care of me in the end, and give me tons of free parts, so I'll deal with the hassle. that's my cchoice, though.

"this is the first poor customer service I've heard of from Rough country."

"it usually takes a few calls to get all of the parts you're supposed to get. "

Most people would think that these two statements cancel one another out? :dunno:

"this is the first poor customer service I've heard of from Rough country."

"it usually takes a few calls to get all of the parts you're supposed to get. "

Most people would think that these two statements cancel one another out? :dunno:

not when the result is free parts. but that's just me. I like when I get 2 free sets of the new style disconnects, a free set of shackles, etc.

this is the first poor customer service I've heard of from Rough country.

that said...don't you think you'd be angry if someone bought your lift from another company, rather than dealing with you directly?

goes to say, deal directly with the manufacturer.

Puh-lease Pat....How long ago did I tell you about the reasons I won't use RC parts???

What were they again???

crap parts... crap customer service.. wanting to blame their resellers for their problems. Sound familiar??

I know you are a fanboi... but come on...

RC chooses to sell through resellers, Noone forces them into that business model. If they aren't going to support the resellers, I'm surprised good folks like Hellcreek would want to do business with crappy vendors.

when i bought my 4inch lift kit for my mud ZJ i bought it right through rough country. The instructions were really sketchy and confusing. What i could make out of the directions, they chose to use the most difficult and confusing way possible. I was also missing parts but i don't remember what, they werent important to me anyway so i really didnt care.

Josh