greetings...

bumpy

hi my names josh and I'm a... oops wrong board.. hows it goin everyone?

just got my first mj. been browsin 'em for about 2 years now, and my yj was about to give out so i found the cheapest one i could. i ended up with a '88 pioneer 4.0 5spd 2wd. its got 243,000 on the clock and a bit of rust but it runs like a champ. got it for $400, good deal in my mind until i found some other ones on the web. don't mind my stupidness of questions, I'm not used to this style 4.0 motor...yet :D

some questions i have right now are below, it'd be great if you could help me out some.

is the hose that goes to where the intake is and connects to the exhaust manifold important?

the ba10 sucks balls, do they make 2wd ax15's? how hard is it to swap it? just like swapping trans' in a yj id assume?

the rear main seal and possibly valve cover seal are shot, how big of a deal is it to replace them?

Hello 8)

is the hose that goes to where the intake is and connects to the exhaust manifold important?

Looks like a dryer vent hose? No, it's just to aid warmup. Fuel injection really doesn't need that. If you're talking about the EGR hose, yeah, it's kinda important.

the ba10 sucks balls, do they make 2wd ax15's? how hard is it to swap it? just like swapping trans' in a yj id assume?

I'd assume so. And it'll be the same process, minus dealing with a t-case.

the rear main seal and possibly valve cover seal are shot, how big of a deal is it to replace them?

Rear main sucks. There's lot of tricks for dealing with it. Somebody else will point you in the right direction. Valve cover seal is easy.

If you are talking about the dryer hose loooking tube.. no it isn't important. If you are talking about the EGR recirc tube... I think it is, but I haven't tried to gget rif of mine yet, cause it seems to be in good shape. After 92 they stopped using that tube so I don't know.

As for the rear main seal... The trick is to make sure that is what is leaking. You could have many other leaks making you think that that is the culprit. But the rear seal can be done with the mototr in the vehicle if you have a decently equipped garage, and some moderate to advance wrenching skills.

Patrick

• 2 weeks later...

that hose is to aid the warm up in cold weather

yes they do make an ax15 for two wheel drive

i woul change the valve cover gasket first the if it still leaks then the rear main and thier not hard to change