91 Metric Ton 4x4??

Unglar

Going to look at a 91 Metric Ton 4x4 LB 4.0 AX15 today. Just wondering if that is even possible. Original owner says he bought it that way new. Engine over heated and is knocking. Body is said to be in good shape. $500 - fair price? I thought if it is the metric ton its worth $500 regardless. BTW, what are the probable gears?

IMG_1936.JPG

Teaser Pic. I agreed to $500 verbally, the title is not in utah yet. Only has one spot of rust above the windshield drivers side. Under belly is clean and coated. Tailgate is scratched up but not dented and latch works. rear bumper looks like a banana. According to the mechanic she ran it out of oil and it overheated warping the head. he put oil in it an it starts and runs but won't hold water. battery was dead so I don't know how bad it sounds, but I have a spare block anyhow. It had a bench originally but he fabbed some buckets to the bench mounts with fiber glass, couldnt see it by looking under neath, that should be interesting. i'll post more pics after I own it.

There's an old fella in our town with a '92 metric ton. BEAUTIFUL truck. A buddy of mine and I have both tried to talk himout of it but he won't sell.

Good luck with the purchase. I paid $500 for my '88 4 bngr with a bad head gasket.

It had a bench originally but he fabbed some buckets to the bench mounts with fiber glass, couldnt see it by looking under neath, that should be interesting. i'll post more pics after I own it.

Whaaaaaaaaaa? Love to see pics of that one...

For $500, it's not a bad deal. Like the previous poster said, double check the axle and leaves.

IMG_1936.JPG

Oregon plates... From looking at it, some would wonder if it could make it to Utah under its own power?

Only thing I see out of the ordinary is that the bed's a different color. Whoop dee doo. Doesn't make me thing the motor's gonna throw a rod.

Even if it isn't a Metric Ton, still well worth $500.

I am guessing they beat up the original bed pretty good based on the condition of the tailgate. It spent most of its like in Portland Oregon so has almost no rust, they don't salt the roads there. I am waiting for the title to arrive in the mail, hoping today or tomorrow. The owner pulled the add off the classifieds so that is a good sign. :-)

Another teaser:

IMG_1947.JPG