tough times

bmaley79

are right I'm going to have to probably sale my jeep. I don't want to but times are tough. My question is I'm in the middle of switching it over to 4wd. it is functioning as 2wd at the moment. the only thing left is to put the 4wd axle under the front and put the drive shaft in and hook up the 4wd linkage. But what is really worth more? OR maybe i should just part it out?

i think it'd be worth more as a 4x4, but how much more is anyone's guess... probably not a lot, but if you've got the rest of the parts to finish the swap you might as well finish it, as changing the axle and hanging the front shaft and installing the shift linkage could easily be done in an afternoon.

The work left to do is pretty straight forward. The axle can be had for $100 plus a few more hours work and you'll have it licked. I think I would finish it up, make sure it's a clean swap and put it up for sale. And if you decide you don't have to sell, all you hard work to date will be even more worth while.

If you do decide to sale, check out http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/. Another great forum that's local to you. I'm sure you'll have plenty of interest in a decent MJ 4x4.

Good luck and hope you don't have to sell.