Advice on aligning head lights

Well a few months ago I upgraded from IPF H4 blue head lamps (they burned out) to the fatboy II recently. Many years ago I used the original IPF fatboy bulbs and got flashed on a regular basis as they were too bright for some drivers to tolerate so I downgraded to the blue lenses. I have aligned the new fatboy bulbs myself and even had an official lamp adjustment garage align them, but every once in a while I get flashed. I am ready to cut my losses and from Daniel Stern lighting get the Cibie lenses and bulbs which have an infallible record and are SAE approved. Before I spend $200 to switch, is there something I am missing here or are the new IPF bulbs just junk?

TIA

Dog

Thanks Pete,

They look right on center on the garage door, I am going to lower the beam a bit. I don't mind getting flashed coming head on every now and then, but these bulbs seem to promote road rage (on three occasions) on a few folks that I have approached from behind. The road rage is weird with folks slowing down to almost a stop on the freeway, then I pass to get around them and they accelerate behind me and flash, and follow me forever. I have been angry at folks that I thought had too bright a beam, but acting out in road rage makes no sense to me and I would gladly change the lights out rather than getting into an altercation with a kook over too bright of lights. I think the Cibie's are SAE and DOT rated as opposed to the IPF's so at least I would have a leg to stand on if I have them adjusted at an Official California lamp adjustment station. :shake:

meh. I get that all the time when towing with the KJ. the headlights are on par with the late 90s Rangers and a couple other models that seem a bit too bright, and the trailer is juuust enough to bring those not-so-low beams up into people's eyes. I simply flash the brights back at them. :D

meh. I get that all the time when towing with the KJ. the headlights are on par with the late 90s Rangers and a couple other models that seem a bit too bright, and the trailer is juuust enough to bring those not-so-low beams up into people's eyes. I simply flash the brights back at them. :D
Pete,

I can live with the flashing, but it is over the top with them following me around and flashing continuously. Trying to follow (reciprocate) by flashing such idiots with my brights to convince them that I wasn't flashing them with my brights to begin with seems like more fuel for road rage.

:dunno: