Door latch broken

The latch on my 1998 Xj's driver door broke. if anyone needs pics ill see if i can get some. basically the door itself cracked around the bolts holding the latch in there. just wondering if there's anyway i could take the door apart and just weld it back together, or should i call it a loss and get a new door?

I'm sure you could take all the latch parts out and weld up the door, but I think it would be a lot easier to get a replacement door from a junkyard. A door from any 4-door Cherokee up to 1996 should fit.

You might want to look at WHY to door cracked, though. I have never heard of that happening, and the only reason I can think of is that the hinges must be sagging so the latch is supporting the weight of the door as well as holding it closed.

The latch on my 1998 Xj's driver door broke.

A door from any 4-door Cherokee up to 1996 should fit.

yeahthat.gif :rotfl2: :fool:

Finding a 97+ door could be easyer but id definently throw a picture up 1st and see If theres any other options.

classic :rotf:

Brandon

You might want to look at WHY to door cracked, though. I have never heard of that happening, and the only reason I can think of is that the hinges must be sagging so the latch is supporting the weight of the door as well as holding it closed.

Yeah the door has been sagging for a while. I usually just pick it up and close it, but after having a week where everything went wrong...I kinda took my frustration out on my door

The latch on my 1998 Xj's driver door broke.

A door from any 4-door Cherokee up to 1996 should fit.

yeahthat.gif :rotfl2: :fool:

Finding a 97+ door could be easyer but id definently throw a picture up 1st and see If theres any other options.

classic :rotf:

Brandon

sure thing i'll look for a 97+ door right away :D