Duraback paint job?

I'm thinking in doing a duraback exterior paint job on my 88 mj. The paint is fading and the clear coat comming of too, I'm thinking in using this product to paint the mj. Has anyone done this and did you have good results? How about preparation time and was it difficult to apply? Tell me your experiences....and show me how you did it. thanks.

I've been thinking about this as well for a few years.

My understanding is scuff it up real good, do any filling or repairs, then for best results spray it.

Should be pretty much bomb proof if you kill all the rust before you encapsulate it.

Repairs should be as easy and it will deaden road noise and vibrations.

Be sure get the stuff that's UV protected, then pick smooth or chunky.

I painted my truck with a spray on bedliner. I am not familiar with the name Duraback but it sounds like a similar product. Just follow the instructions that come with it and it should work OK. The only drawback I have seen so far is some obvious discoloration on the hood due to heat from the engine. The hotspots are a lighter shade than the rest of the truck.

I painted my truck with a spray on bedliner. I am not familiar with the name Duraback but it sounds like a similar product. Just follow the instructions that come with it and it should work OK. The only drawback I have seen so far is some obvious discoloration on the hood due to heat from the engine. The hotspots are a lighter shade than the rest of the truck.

Sounds good! Did you spray it or did you roll it / paint brush it? from the picture it looks good.

I used the large size spray cans and it took about 6 to do the whole truck. If you use spray cans I highly suggest you use a trigger type attachment that snaps on to the nozzle. I did not and my index fingers got pretty fatigued by the time I was done. Take your time to prep really well. It takes effort but your paint job will go faster and be higher quality if you do the proper prep work. Oh, and practice your spray technique in the bed area to get a good feel for it.

I highly suggest you use a trigger type attachment that snaps on to the nozzle.

This is good advice. They also sell artist spray tips at Ace Hardware that snap right on, they work great. Wide pattern or skinny (invented by a graffiti artist). Wide uses more paint but gives a more even look.