'90 Comanche Part Out for '97 Swap North Carolina

Rymanrph

I'm in the process of converting my '90 MJ to a '97, so I have plenty of parts laying around that I need to get rid of. I'm not sure what most of this stuff is worth, so if my prices are crazy (low or high), just let me know. Also if there something else that isn't listed, ask and I probably have it. I'm swapping pretty much everything over from the 97.

4.0 Engine (about 50k miles on rebuild) Runs great, no blow by, no leaks that I'm aware of - $350

'95 AX15 4wd 5 speed transmission (external slave) - including new clutch kit (~2k miles on it), and clutch master/slave - $400

'90 AX15 2wd 5 speed transmission (internal slave) - including clutch (mileage unknown - still grabs well) - $250

Rear Dana 35 (3.07 gears) and front dummy axle - $20 a piece

Doors - $40 (includes 84-96 mirrors and one set of door panels either the short arm rest or hockey stick your choice)

'97 style ebay mirrors - $40

Fenders with flares (black) - $45

Hood (black) - $50

Center console (great condition) with new cupholder insert, all brackets and hardware - $50

Header panel - $25

Grills: black 8 slot, black 10 slot, chrome 8 slot - $15 each

Full gauge cluster - $35

'97 XJ bucket seats (no seat belts) $30

Other things I have: parking brake assembly, air box, radiator, dash and lower dash, rear interior carpet panel (red), 4 door XJ bucket seats (without bases), another set of door panels, spare driver side b pillar plastic, rear bumper and more.

I'm going to have some stuff from the '97 for sale as well, but not quite yet. These prices do not include shipping, but I'm flexible. Small stuff I can ship, but the bigger stuff would need to be picked up unless we can work something out.

hey I'm in Cameron, i want those doors, probably the 4x4 transmission if it will fit my 88 manche renix setup.maybe the hood,airbox,and i'll look at the center consol and grills.and are the seats direct bolt ins for the mj?if so i'll probably take them also.

the town you live in is just on the other side of uhwarrie?. i looked on google maps and it says its like 60 miles from me?

John

hey I'm in Cameron, i want those doors, probably the 4x4 transmission if it will fit my 88 manche renix setup.maybe the hood,airbox,and i'll look at the center consol and grills.and are the seats direct bolt ins for the mj?if so i'll probably take them also.

the town you live in is just on the other side of uhwarrie?. i looked on google maps and it says its like 60 miles from me?

John

The transmission should work fine; its a '95 and I used it on my '90. You'll just have to get the CJ pilot bushing which is no big deal. The seats are complete except for the floor brackets. I had to use my bench seat brackets for the bucket seats I have now. There is a write-up in the DIY section showing how to make them work. You're right, Albemarle is on the other side of Uwharrie; probably a little over an hour away. Let me know when you want to come look at the stuff. I kept the doors and hood on the truck for the time being just to keep them off the floor and give me some more space to work, so I'll need some time to remove them.

Ryman,

could you get a picture or 2 of the doors and email it or post it?

also on the ax 15 what is the tooth count on the output?

i think id need a different transfer i think mine is lower tooth count.

i need a 4 to 1 kit anyway may just buy a cheap transfer and all if it doesnt spline up.

i would have to come saturday or sunday afternoon, i have been working in Iraq

since march of 2008, we work 7 days a week 12 hours a day, i've found (being back) i like to sleep till maybe 8 or 9 am on the weekends then just lazy around till noon lol.

Ryman,

could you get a picture or 2 of the doors and email it or post it?

also on the ax 15 what is the tooth count on the output?

i think id need a different transfer i think mine is lower tooth count.

i need a 4 to 1 kit anyway may just buy a cheap transfer and all if it doesnt spline up.

i would have to come saturday or sunday afternoon, i have been working in Iraq

since march of 2008, we work 7 days a week 12 hours a day, i've found (being back) i like to sleep till maybe 8 or 9 am on the weekends then just lazy around till noon lol.

If you check my build thread in my link there should be plenty of shots of the doors. There are mounting holes for the flag mirrors, the paint is not that great and I put a nice scratch in the driver side in the garage :headpop: , but they work great and the interior panels are in excellent condition. The AX15 is the higher spline from '95, so yeah the transfer case might not match up. I'm only going to be available Saturday morning this weekend. I've got a party out of town that night, church Sunday morning and then my brother's bachelor party that afternoon/evening.

Ryman,

i'm not sure i can make it this saturday. my gf is driving in from Florida tonight, so more than likely not, maybe next weekend?

i'll def buy the doors and tranny if you still have them then, do you by chance have a transfer that will fit that transmission?

Ryman,

i'm not sure i can make it this saturday. my gf is driving in from Florida tonight, so more than likely not, maybe next weekend?

i'll def buy the doors and tranny if you still have them then, do you by chance have a transfer that will fit that transmission?

Next weekend my brother is getting married, but I'm sure we can work something out. I do have a transfer case, but I was planning on using it. I still have to get a new auto transmission for the swap, so I could let it go for what my junkyard would charge me for another one (I think it was $200-$250).

Ryman,

ok i do want the doors and seats,possibly the transmission, i went to wilson 4x4 friday and their working a quote for me on some sruff,part of that being a transmission so i have to see what they come up with, my transmission is really whinning so I'm kinda wanting to get it done.problem being i just moved up here last month and don't have alot of my stuff here yet. transmission jack still in florida, no air compressor etc, so if they give me a decent price i may just have them sell me the tranny and install it just to get it done.but i may buy it as a spare if you don't sell it soon :)

• 1 month later...

mule13 came and got my doors, '97 mirrors, old XJ buckets and cupholder (thanks John!). Still got several things left. I forgot to mention, I have the original dash for sale too. I'd love to get rid of my two 2wd transmissions ('90 AX15 and '97 AW4) or my old axles. I need the space.

• 6 months later...
This is probably a pain, but do you have a chrome header panel with the chrome headlight bezels and grill? I'm sure shipping will likely kill this one but its worth a shot.

I know I have the grill, but I donated one of the headlight buckets to a friend. Send me a PM with your information and I'll check on it.

Archived