Jeep sputters when i step on gas, VID

yesterday i drove the jeep up my street for the first time in like 6 months after fixing a cps problem

today i start it up, step on the gas, at 1,000-1,500 rpms it just sputters and struggles, for some reason in the begining it seems to work fine then you can see the rpms drop and bounce.

while it's 'sputtering' the comanche bounces around and vibrates pretty bad

any ideas?

Check your fuel pressure, could be starved for fuel.

Agree... Hose on fuel pump deteriorated..

also i was just out driving it around, essentially i wanna say everytime i was off the gas, it would sputter like in the vid and felt kinda sketchy shifting gears and such with it lurching around and stuff

makes sense for a fuel pressure problem.

i'm pretty much a n00b with jeeps but to get to the fuel pump i'd need to drop the gas tank? or what are the ways to check that that is truely the issue?

Thanks alot

Get ahold of a fuel pressure tester first. If you get a good reading at the rail, then it's not a pump problem.

You can get the pump out without dropping the tank, but I highly suggest dropping the tank. Getting it out isn't the issue, getting it back in and everything to seal correctly is a PITA with the tank in the truck. First time I pulled a pump, I did so without dropping the tank. The whole winter I couldn't fill it up past 3/4, or it would leak. In spring I dropped the tank, reset the pump, and it was fine. I believe I spent less time dropping and installing the tank, than I did trying to set the pump in it using the driveshaft as a pillow.

Get ahold of a fuel pressure tester first. If you get a good reading at the rail, then it's not a pump problem.

You can get the pump out without dropping the tank, but I highly suggest dropping the tank. Getting it out isn't the issue, getting it back in and everything to seal correctly is a PITA with the tank in the truck. First time I pulled a pump, I did so without dropping the tank. The whole winter I couldn't fill it up past 3/4, or it would leak. In spring I dropped the tank, reset the pump, and it was fine. I believe I spent less time dropping and installing the tank, than I did trying to set the pump in it using the driveshaft as a pillow.

what is a good pressure for it to be pushing at idle?

also i'm not to sure on fuel pressure if i was able to drive it on the streets at speed through all the gears?

seems like it's a fuel problem when i'm not on the gas going down hill using the engine for some compression

IIRC, 39-41 is good at idle.

My 2.5 acted like that when the pump went out. I could drive it, although not very wheel, through all the gears, but a fuel pressure test read 13 psi, when it was supposed to be the 39-41. Granted, that was 4 injectors, not 6, but still.

First thing you should do is test fuel pressure.