Should I or Shouldn't I....That is the question.

New member here. Been lurking around for a while now. Been huntin and hopin to find the right comanche.Think that I may have found the one. However, as with most of these trucks it has issues. Which brings me to my questions. It has no lights at all (no headlights, taillights, turnsignals) Possible causes....Also is the wiring harness from Cherokee's the same? Would it be plug and play or is there alot of modifications needed. It also needs a throw-out bearing. Would it be better to just replace the old tranny or pull it and fix it. Not sure which tranny it has. Final question...would either of these two problems scare you off from purchasing the truck. It is a 1987 4x4 4.0 5 speed. Purchase price is less than 1000.

Most likely cause of electrical problems in a manual trans is: that the clutch master is leaking down onto the fusebox, which eats away everything.

You have a Pukey BA 10/5. If you don't mind finding a new transmission, this is your best bet. Go get yourself an external slave (should be able to be found 93+) AX-15.

hardest thing to find is a clean body. after that, pretty much everything is easy cheesy. :D

worst case scenario it needs a new harness from a similar era MJ/XJ. is that enough to scare you off? can you do the work? do you need the truck right now or can it be a work-in-progress for a while? need more details... :cheers:

Thanks Pete. That is just what I was wanting to hear. The work doesnt scare me (ok maybe a little) but the truck would be a work in progress. I am looking for a beater to deer hunt out of and to pull my boat around. If the truck is still for sale on Friday, I think it will be coming home with me. Pictures will be up Friday night if that happens.