Engine noise

The water pump is new.

how new? I had one fail after about 4k miles. bearings died and it ate itself alive. seriously though, it only takes a few minutes to pull the belt off. I'd do it just to eliminate the bearings once and for all. :thumbsup:

It's hard to tell anything from the video as you predicted. :( Just for kicks and grins, have you pulled the inspection plate and checked the flexplate for cracks and loose bolts?

I was afraid of that. Oh well. I need a better camera with a wind sock.

All the flex plate bolts are tight. I just checked.

The water pump is new.

how new? I had one fail after about 4k miles. bearings died and it ate itself alive. seriously though, it only takes a few minutes to pull the belt off. I'd do it just to eliminate the bearings once and for all. :thumbsup:

I'd say it has 2k on it. I will pull the belt and take a listen. It better not be the power steering pump or something stupid like that.

Ok new video with the belt off and hopefully you can hear the noise a little better. The engine is warm in the video.

Keep in mind the engine noise is quiet when it's cold.

And one more thing that might be related is that you can hear the oil draining back into the pan after shutting off the engine.

Exhaust Manifold crack?

Maybe. I will try to inspect the manifold more thoroughly. Keep the ideas coming.

I checked the exhaust manifold and I didn't see or feel any cracks. I am about ready to just run it as is until it blows up.