moving out to Alberta

rcturgeon

Hey guys, been a while since i've been on but I'm going to be moving out to Alberta for work, Rocky Mountain House Area, anyone from out there or near there? Would be nice to get some info on this out of province inspection stuff that I'm hearing about.

They do a VI (Vehicle Inspection) that any RCMP office should be able to do.

Unless it isn't like BC, it's not the RCMP 'roadside' inspection. He needs to go to a shop that is approved to do out of province inspections, pay about $100, then pay about $100 to have the stupid 'problems' fixed, then he is given a letter saying it's a pass and that goes with you for when you get insurance.

If you can find a honest shop, you won't have any BS 'problems'. Good luck.

They do a VI (Vehicle Inspection) that any RCMP office should be able to do.

Unless it isn't like BC, it's not the RCMP 'roadside' inspection. He needs to go to a shop that is approved to do out of province inspections, pay about $100, then pay about $100 to have the stupid 'problems' fixed, then he is given a letter saying it's a pass and that goes with you for when you get insurance.

If you can find a honest shop, you won't have any BS 'problems'. Good luck.

I had one done and they are picky. On my inspection they measured my rotors down to an 1/8 of an inch. If you have a broken tail light, they can fail you, some places are real pricks. Give Western Brake and alignment a shot, had really good luck with them.

If you have any problems send me a p.m., I'm always up for pullin wrenches

Justin

well you didnt pump my gas yet... still out east for now be another 3 or 4 weeks or so before i get to town, ill check out that place when i head out, the truck is pretty solid ive had it full mechanicled out in ontario about a year and a half ago and got everyhting all fixed up. as long as they don't hassle me about the holes above the rear tires or the missing head liner i should be good everything else is in good order