LKQ Trip?

Jakeman17

So is there a set date for the LKQ run? In about a month I will be all set to tag along, not going to be able to do much of anything though except walk around. I'm protobably going to be on the prowl for some parts in a few months.

How about february 6 th. I can only go on sundays since I work til noon on saturdays...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

So here is the game-plan from my end:

I've found a buyer for the ZJ, he'll be coming by to get it this week. So I won't be needing to look for a transmission for that thing.

I am going to be looking for a good Renix motor now. If I find one here at LKQ that is worth pulling, I'll probably be looking to grab it. If not, I've found one in South Beloit at a yard for $250, 124K, tested before it was pulled with a 3 month warranty and I'll go that route.

Of course I'll be looking for other fun stuff while we are there. Should be a good day picking. Might even find something for Valentines Day in the yard too, who knows.

Look for me to be there around noon on Sunday.

Yep.

You guys and going out on your Sundays and all. I gotta hit up the first service at Church, then I'm coming home, changing and getting on the road. ;)

Today started just like every other day, up at 5:15, out the door at 6:00. I'm in bed each night by 9:15. You get used to it, especially when you are home each day from work well before 5.

Yep.

You guys and going out on your Sundays and all. I gotta hit up the first service at Church, then I'm coming home, changing and getting on the road. ;)

Today started just like every other day, up at 5:15, out the door at 6:00. I'm in bed each night by 9:15. You get used to it, especially when you are home each day from work well before 5.

Gotcha.... actually I have to go to church on Sunday also. It's Scout Sabbath and the Methodist Church being our charter organization wants the boys to come and do something at the service.

You've got to pull the steering wheel and take the lock plate off to get in there and do the job. You really should have a lock plate removal tool to do this, makes it way easier.

Once you are in the column, it is pretty easy to get the old one out and put the new one in, just a couple screws hold it in, swapping it out will take you about 5 minutes. I've got to do this job on the new XJ that I bought once it gets nice out...

You've got to pull the steering wheel and take the lock plate off to get in there and do the job. You really should have a lock plate removal tool to do this, makes it way easier.

Once you are in the column, it is pretty easy to get the old one out and put the new one in, just a couple screws hold it in, swapping it out will take you about 5 minutes. I've got to do this job on the new XJ that I bought once it gets nice out...

Sounds like a project I'm not gonna attempt yet

• 1 month later...