Free 88 and 92 4.0s in Marshall, WI

Geonovast

I have an 88 4.0 with the head off that's rusted up, and a 92 4.0 HO, still together, still spins over, but was never properly set up for storage. It's been out of the truck for 5 years. With a little work it could probably be used.

Point is, they're at my mom's and would like them gone. The 88s is probably junk, but I'm sure has some usable parts on it.

I don't need any money for these, just come get'm. If they're not gone soon they're probably going to the scrapper.

Correy,

If nobody else wants both of them, I'd take them.

I'll warn you though, that they would get stripped down and both longblocks would be scrapped. I'd take everything that I could carry off of each of them, clean each part and put it in my parts pile here.

:dunno: Thats the best I can do. As you know, I don't have a place to put two engines...

Correy,

If nobody else wants both of them, I'd take them.

I'll warn you though, that they would get stripped down and both longblocks would be scrapped. I'd take everything that I could carry off of each of them, clean each part and put it in my parts pile here.

:dunno: Thats the best I can do. As you know, I don't have a place to put two engines...

Brent, I would be interested in the '92 block if you don't want it. I am tossing around the idea of a stroker for the '92 when I get around to it. Be nice to have a mock up block, or something to put together as I get the coin.

Rob L. :cheers:

If you guys wanna come load them up and figure out what's going on later, that would be great. The 92 motor could be fine, with a little TLC might even fire up. 88 motor is probably scrap, although the crank and all the little stuff should be good. I really couldn't care less what happens to the 88 one since I went and screwed it up, but eh. I'd like the 92 one to not be scrapped if it doesn't need to be.

Oh, and the oil pan on the 88 is FUBAR.

Let me know what you think. I believe you both know the way to the trailer park.

I'm cool with whatever. I am kinda interested in getting the valve cover off of the HO '92 motor to swap onto one of my renix motors. I'm getting sick of all the blowby caused by the messed up design of those valve covers...

I thought that that still happened on the HO's. I think it was the 97+ VC's that corrected the problem...

Rob L.

My cherry picker could also be available, it's at my brother's.

The park isn't really hounding my mom about them, but if you could get them soonish that would be good. I have no clue when I'll be up again, or else I'd offer to lend a hand to get them out of there.

• 1 month later...

If things go as planned, I'll be up the 19th to the 29th. The motors will be gone by the time I leave, regardless of method. If you guys want parts off of them, we need to pick a time when you can come get them, otherwise they're getting ripped apart, thrown in the back of a truck piece by piece, and hauled to the scrapyard.

Archived